deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Blue Red Control Deck - Comments  (Read 480 times)

Comment Bot

Blue Red Control Deck - Comments
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »
This is the comment topic for Blue Red Control Deck.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Blue Red Control Deck.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Flarezium

• Decks
Re: Blue Red Control Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »
Hi! Neat deck(I love Izzet), I have some ideas that might make it better.

Shock is pretty inefficient for the slot and cost, and lightning bolt is legal in modern. If you're worried about cost then don't, every player whoever plans on making a red deck ever should buy 4x bolts because of how useful and cheap they are now. Mizzium mortars is amazing removal and running 2 is great in a control deck. With all the colorless mana spells you have I would recommend running 2x Goblin Electromancer because it makes the deck run smoother and makes X spells not so inefficient. If you like the X spell then I would switch the Volcanic Geysers to Banefire(Can't be countered), Devil's Play(Flashback), or Heat Ray(Instant.) Also running 2x Isochron Scepter is amazing(like one of the best cards in the deck) in a control deck because it allows you to imprint a Lightning Bolt or Counterspell into in and use it every turn for 2 mana which can completely shut down decks and let you win the game from this card alone. A slight upgrade would be to switch the Izzet guildgates to swiftwater cliffs, then plan to get sulfur falls, steam vents, and/or shivan reefs for this one and future red/blue decks. It would also be good to at least sideboard counterflux for when your opponent runs counters. Young Pyromancer is nice for developing a board. Quicksilver dagger is nice to throw on a guttersnipe or electromancer because you often don't want to attack with them because they'll die to your opponent's board, but this will let you tap them for 1 face damage and more importantly card draw. A couple more cards to consider are: Galvanoth, Djinn Illuminatus, Hypersonic Dragon, Snapcaster Mage, Teleportal, and both copies of Niv-Mizzet(Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind/Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius.)

Anyway nice deck, hopefully I was of some help to you.
This is a block of text that can be added to post you make.

max2519

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:16:55 pm »
Hey Mate, thanks for your comment. Your ideas sounds very nice, I am changing something on this deck right now. The deck as it was till now was my actually used deck, so this was not an optimized thing but cards i already had at home. I was also running a blue-white control deck, but this doesn´t work so well so i decided to put my isochrone scepters from there to this one. I will do the changes now, maybe you can have a look on it after i am finished ;)
Greetings

max2519

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:01:21 pm »
Changes i did so far:

I added two Isochron Scepter because of reasons and 2 Quicksilver dagger for card advantage. Therefore i removed Sphinx-Bone Wand because i guess 7 mana is a lot to play and i never got it on the field since i started playing with this deck.

I replaced Vapor Snag with Boomerang . This is because of a few reasons. Sure it costs 1 more blue mana which is very bad but i think there are still much more possiblities with that. It bounces any permanent instead of just a creature, so if i am sick of an enchantment, artifact or anything else, i can bounce that also back and maybe counter it when it get played again. In combination with Isochron Scepter i can also prevent my enemy from getting more lands.

Next thing is, i replaced the Shock with the lightning bolt , it does more damage and its a good combination with isochron scepter.

And at least i added the quicksilver dagger to do a little more damage without attacking with my creatures and get some card advantages

I am grateful for more feedback. And sorry for my bad english.

Greetings from germany
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:04:26 pm by max2519 »

max2519

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 03:56:36 pm »
Now I also changed 2 Nullify and 2 Negate to 4 Memory Lapse , I like the way this counter works because it prevents my opponent from getting new cards (its even more amazing with Isochron Scepter)

max2519

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 02:33:36 pm »
Additinal Changes:
1 Desolve and 1 Island are gone for 2 Gelectrode

Flarezium

• Decks
Re: Izzet Control Burn - Comments
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 03:31:10 am »
Nice! I like the changes. Glad I could help.
This is a block of text that can be added to post you make.