deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite Combos  (Read 17289 times)

itscraigwells

• Decks
Re: Favorite Combos
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2015, 02:59:14 am »
Zada, Hedron Grinder + Hordeling Outburst  + Collateral Damage blow up your creatures for massive damage
One does not simply turn 2 ulamog

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2015, 04:05:17 am »
Zada, Hedron Grinder + Hordeling Outburst  + Collateral Damage blow up your creatures for massive damage
So, aside from clearing your board, what is the point of this interaction of cards?
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Haakon21

• Decks
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2015, 06:47:51 am »

It doesn't work, you don't target the creature you sacrifice, and if you target Zada, Hedron grinder with the 3 damage, you'll get 2 copies (only 2, one of the goblin token has been sacrificed) so you clear your board...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:15:33 pm by Haakon21 »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 07:09:40 am »
Now if you played Zada, Hedron Grinder with feat of resistance or sure strike then that would be a good combo. Remember  itscraigwells, just because you are choosing a creature to be YOUR target it does not mean that the card registers your choice AS a target. If the card doesn't say "target creature" then Zada's effect won't copy over.

itscraigwells

• Decks
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 06:31:43 pm »
whhhhhaaaaaat thats dumb, just becuase collateral damages doesnt say target creature i cant blow up all my monster to do 3 damage each time??? well that is to say the least dissapointing

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2015, 08:34:16 pm »
whhhhhaaaaaat thats dumb, just becuase collateral damages doesnt say target creature i cant blow up all my monster to do 3 damage each time??? well that is to say the least dissapointing
No, you can do exactly that. With at least Zada, Hedron Grinder and the three goblins in play, you can cast Collateral Damage, sacrificing one of the goblins as an additional cost, targeting Zada, Hedron Grinder. Zada, Hedron Grinder ability will trigger, creating a copy of Collateral Damage for each other creature you control. Per Zada, Hedron Grinder's ability, you are forced to have each spell target a different creature you control.

So, for 1 Red and a goblin, you've dealt three damage to every creature you control. To the initial question, why?
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 08:37:39 pm »
could be useful with Mogg Maniac, Spitemare, Boros Reckoner and Stuffy Doll:)... but id rather use Blasphemous Act.

itscraigwells

• Decks
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2015, 11:37:07 pm »
bro think about what you are saying. i would use the collateral damage on zada and then copie it for each creature i have then i would deal 3 damage to my enemy for each creaute i sac'ced. that is thought process behind it.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2015, 11:47:21 pm »

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2015, 11:56:03 pm »
bro think about what you are saying. i would use the collateral damage on zada and then copie it for each creature i have then i would deal 3 damage to my enemy for each creaute i sac'ced. that is thought process behind it.

the problem is you cant target your opponents with the copys created by  Zada, Hedron Grinder

its in the english

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only Zada, Hedron Grinder, copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those creatures. there is no option to target opponents.

because it says "Each copy targets a different one of those creatures" you will be forced to send the damage to the creature via collateral damage and not the player even though collateral damage gives a option to do both.

Assault Strobe are the kind of spells that were intended for Zada.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:02:56 am by Bartley »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2015, 05:38:07 am »
That's a great card. I actually found 1 copy of assault strobe.

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2015, 11:47:21 am »

the problem is you cant target your opponents with the copys created by  Zada, Hedron Grinder

its in the english

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only Zada, Hedron Grinder, copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those creatures. there is no option to target opponents.

because it says "Each copy targets a different one of those creatures" you will be forced to send the damage to the creature via collateral damage and not the player even though collateral damage gives a option to do both.

Additionally, he's misread Collateral Damage.

The Sacrifice requirement is an additional cost of casting the spell. There is no requirement to sacrifice creatures for the copies.

Are we being trolled?

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2015, 08:15:24 pm »
In addition to some already mentioned:
Splinter + Myr Landshaper
Iroas, God of Victory + Battlefront Krushok

For 1 cheaper, you can also do splinter + liquimetal coating. Easily my favorite land destruction combo right there.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2015, 03:53:53 pm »

its in the english

Additionally, he's misread Collateral Damage.

The Sacrifice requirement is an additional cost of casting the spell. There is no requirement to sacrifice creatures for the copies.

Are we being trolled?

not exactly... the sacrificing part of Collateral Damage is part of the Cost for the spell.  You are copying the spell... not paying the cost of spell again.
example   (If the spell Reverberate copies has an X whose value was determined as it was cast (like Earthquake does), the copy has the same value of X.)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2015, 12:49:25 am »
Actually you are copying , not casting and there is a diffrence. Hence there is a casting cost but 0 copying costs. For example:
You pay X to do X damage for a cost of a spell to cast it, copy does exactly that, copies so there is no payment. Only payment is the cost for the spell, which is that of copy. Better example: cast lava axe for 5 mana, dealing 5 damage. Then cast reverberate for 2 mana which makes a copy and deals 5 more damage. No additional cost of 5, making it 7 to get out the copy.
So again, casting and copying are 2 diffrent things. Fling is another that comes to mind, you sacrifice a creature to cast, but pay nothing to copy it.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me