deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite Combos  (Read 17273 times)

zebucompany

• Decks
Re: Favorite Combos
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 05:15:02 pm »
melira, sylvok outcast + heartless summoning + glimpse of nature and lot of artifact creatures :)

I think heartless summoning just gives a negative stat, not an actual minus counter, which means that Melira doesn't negate the affect.

Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Phyrexian Unlife is neat though

Oh and I think I remember reading that Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Etched Monstrosity works because Melira refers literally to the act of placing the counters, which can't be done. So Etched Monstrosity just stays a 10/10.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:47:06 pm by zebucompany »

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 06:19:08 pm »
melira, sylvok outcast + heartless summoning + glimpse of nature and lot of artifact creatures :)
All those Artifact creatures better enter play with a toughness of 2 for a converted mana cost of 2.
I think heartless summoning just gives a negative stat, not an actual minus counter, which means that Melira doesn't negate the affect.

Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Phyrexian Unlife is neat though

Oh and I think I remember reading that Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Etched Monstrosity works because Melira refers literally to the act of placing the counters, which can't be done. So Etched Monstrosity just stays a 10/10.
Correct on all accounts.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:22:17 pm by Drunk Cynic »
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 12:07:07 am »
Rhox Faithmender + Celestial mantle.  Fun fact, I once had a rhox faithmender and a Serra ascendant out, both enchanted with celestial.  I gained 2,552 life in a single swing. 

Knowledge pool + curse of exhaustion

Cathartic Adept + illusionist's bracers + tidewater minion - infinite mill

Xenograft + turntimber Ranger - infinite tokens

confusion in the ranks + conjured currency - nobody keeps anything.  LOVE these two cards together

Polymorph + eldrazi tokens + any big nasty eldrazi (Ulamog, Emrakul)

Panoptic Mirror + Exhaustion - perma-tap (although it's a bit wonky to get out)
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

zebucompany

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 01:17:35 am »
Rhox Faithmender + Celestial mantle

I'm not sure these combo, I think that Celestial Mantle simply changes your life total, not "gains life". For instance if you used Soul Conduit with Rhox Faithmender out, and increased your life total by strictly changing it out for a different one, he wouldnt cause you to gain double the difference. I think it works the same with the mantle. It just changes your life total, not gains you life per say.

Rhox Faithmender + Tainted Sigil or Rest for the Weary has potential to gain lots of life quickly though, for cheap.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:24:36 am by zebucompany »

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 06:35:08 am »
Zada, Hedron Grinder + Arcbond + lifelink = explosive lemmings.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:37 am »

I checked it. When it doubles life, the mechanic makes you "gain life equal to your life total."
I'm not sure these combo, I think that Celestial Mantle simply changes your life total, not "gains life". For instance if you used Soul Conduit with Rhox Faithmender out, and increased your life total by strictly changing it out for a different one, he wouldnt cause you to gain double the difference. I think it works the same with the mantle. It just changes your life total, not gains you life per say.

Rhox Faithmender + Tainted Sigil or Rest for the Weary has potential to gain lots of life quickly though, for cheap.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2015, 08:08:32 am »

You're wrong on both Soul Conduit and Celestial Mantle. Refer to their rulings on Gatherer, as well as Resolute Archangel.

Soul Conduit: When the life totals are exchanged, each player gains or loses the amount of life necessary to equal the other player's previous life total. For example, if Player A has 5 life and Player B has 3 life before the exchange, Player A will lose 2 life and Player B will gain 2 life. Replacement effects may modify these gains and losses, and triggered abilities may trigger on them.
Celestial Mantle: If a player's life total is doubled, that player actually gains or loses the necessary amount of life. For example, if the life total of the enchanted creature's controller is 14 when Celestial Mantle's triggered ability resolves, the ability causes that player to gain 14 life. Other cards that interact with life gain or life loss will interact with this effect accordingly.
Resolute Archangel: If your life total is less than your starting life total, you actually gain the appropriate amount of life. Other effects that interact with life gain will interact with Resolute Archangel’s ability accordingly.

zebucompany

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 02:59:59 pm »
Well that's a shame, one of the things I've always liked about magic is that the card's never need more explanation then whats on them. I guess that's not true. As far as I'm concerned that makes the text on both of those cards inaccurate to how they actually work.

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »
Some cards that do particularly weird things require some further mechanical explanation, and there are even some cards that have undergone errata.

natesmith

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 01:47:41 am »
Since I'm new to the game, there's one combo I particularly like:

Kiora, Master of the Depths, Kiora's Follower, and Verdant Haven for a UG Mana ramp Monstrosity deck lol

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 02:47:12 pm »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 08:47:26 am »

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 08:15:16 pm »
Sphinx's tutelage + living lore + enter the infinite. Laboratory maniac works well too
How are you getting Enter the Infinite into your graveyard?

Ob Nixilus, Unshackled + stain the mind.

Doesn't work; you're searching their deck, not them. If you want to make them search, use Fertilid or Maralen of the Mornsong. Collective Voyage is fun too.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2015, 05:33:57 am »
Are there any black instances or sorcery cards from theros or tarkir that also have that capability? I probably have some cards from the older sets but I want to try and stay as up to date as possible.

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2015, 07:06:19 am »
The only other card that makes your opponent search their deck is Incoming!.