deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] See those Dragons side board help and origins theory crafting  (Read 430 times)

zeusjuice

• Decks
See those Dragons

Hey all this is my current FNM deck. It does pretty well but I am trying to get it fine tuned. I have gone as high as 3rd place with it last week to get my path to exile promo!!  I seem to have a really tough time against anything rabble master, which I assume is only going to get worse what origins comes out.  I am mainly looking for sideboard help(or main deck changes) against quicker decks like rdw, atarka sligh, and sometimes mardu dragons, basically anything with rabble master in it.  The biggest issue I noticed last weekend was searing blood absolutely wrecks my deck. it hits my dorks, my xenagos tokens and my whisper wood manifests.  The sideboard I included is just a work in progress and was not what I had last week.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stabilize against aggro until I can get those big dragons out, or is there a way to ramp without getting my dorks nuked?  Also has anyone seen any of the origins cards that I might want to look at plugging into this deck?  I would really like to keep running xenagos/xenagod/atarka until theros rotates.  Thanks in advance I am also going to cross post this on r/magicdeckbuilding.

Thanks Everyone!

jdshifflett

• Decks
I really like what something like Flameshadow Conjuring could add to your dragons. Gives you a little more frontline beatdown that they'll need to deal with. I also like Vinesnare to slow the damage coming at you. Your deck is powerful, but your creatures are so huge most fast decks are going to have you dead before you can get anything down. Getting a playset of Den Protector and bringing dead dorks back is always and option.. Last thought I've been playing around with myself is the value of the landfall effect from Zendikar's Roil.. Free 2/2 chump blocker everytime I drop a land? Not bad if I want to have a good board of defenders setup so I can make sure my dragons punch through their ranks.