deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Standard Turbo Fog - Comments  (Read 582 times)

Comment Bot

Standard Turbo Fog - Comments
« on: July 20, 2015, 07:32:03 am »
This is the comment topic for Standard Turbo Fog.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Standard Turbo Fog.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

jdshifflett

• Decks
Re: Standard Turbo Fog - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:32:03 am »
you can get away without having Day's Undoing in this budget variant of the deck but you NEED Alhammarret's Archive this is one of the main proponents of forcing the 8-16 card mills upon upkeep. Your upkeep with 2 Monastery Siege is a 5 card draw now. The opponent is now discarding 10 to 20 potential cards in a single upkeep instead of just 6-12. Day's Undoing being gone means you'll need to accelerate the process Alhammarret's Archive is the answer to this.

Wegandi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 08:38:37 am »
I don't think Days Undoing actually does anything for the deck. I'd much rather have more fogs, which is the whole point of Days Undoing in the first place (when you're out of fogs to find some more, assuming you didn't exile most when you treasure cruised). The deck also needed a better way to gain life which the prism rings allow you to do which come down much quicker than Orbs of Warding. You might even want to play all 4 of the 3 mana fog instead of 2 as well, but I wanted another pseudo-fog that cantripped which Hydrolash does (and for all intents and purposes against agro it pretty much is fog + draw). I'm not a big fan of the 5-6 mana spells that come down way later when you want their effect earlier in the game. If I have 5-8 mana, I'd much rather draw Fascination than Alhammarret's Archive.

MatthewMacG101

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:19:08 am »
Needs a way to kill Dragonlord Dromoka on opponents turn either in the main or sideboard, otherwise the fog strategy will fail as soon he comes out.

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:26 am »
How should this deck work? Survile long enough to mill the opponent?

dfrontiera

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 03:50:32 pm »
This is the same list used in SCG's Chicago open used by Newland. It did fairly well, Day's Undoing while seeming counter productive actually did help him win several games by recycling his fogs back into his hand when he ran out. But ultimately Matthew is right, this has no answer for Dromoka and putting that on the table basically kills this deck. Still I kinda like it :-)

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 08:58:43 pm »
Learn from the Past would be preferable to Day's undoing.

On Dragonlord Dromoka: Plummet, Curse of the Swine, Vortex Elemental. In response to them playing Dromoka, cast a fog.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx