deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vampire Tribal EDH - Comments  (Read 511 times)

Comment Bot

Vampire Tribal EDH - Comments
« on: August 17, 2015, 04:24:11 pm »
This is the comment topic for Vampire Tribal EDH.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Vampire Tribal EDH.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

CommanderMeanderer

• Previously Iceburgh EDH
  • Decks
Re: Vampire Tribal EDH - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:24:12 pm »
Hello! I was wondering if the mana base for this deck works well. Looking at the mana distribution and mana source distribution, I would cut some mountains and islands for black/red and blue/black dual lands. Also, is there any removal in the deck? I saw the sweepers, but I don't know if Drown in Sorrow or Anger of the Gods will be effective removal in commander. I think Black Sun's Zenith and Blasphemous Act would be better.
Disclaimer: I am a casual player. I hope to help in all of my posts, but my opinion and suggestions are not perfect. Please correct me on any wrong or non-optimal information.

Avedon

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »
lol, thanks for your input!
i usually first build the list with the cards i have in mind, than i start the testing...
this deck is far away to be ready! i know there are many things to change, right now im in the test phase! ;)
Its diet consists of fruits, plants, small woodland animals, large woodland animals, woodlands, fruit groves, fruit farmers, and small cities.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »
My recommendation is to build the deck around the commander. Not just his color scheme but the mechanic and purpose behind that card. If you're still testing look at the commander and (unless it's not a part of your strategy) work your battle plan around actually having him on the field and leading your other creatures. colors will come later but if you know how your leader behaves then other creatures and spells will follow suit.

Avedon

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:15:22 am »
well, you know, this is not my first edh deck ;)
while testing the deck yesterday it happend what i was feeling all the time, the deck sucked. very very bad!
i was trying to find a commander for a tribal vampire edh deck, but its defenetly not her!! with her, i think you can build a solid mill control grixis deck, but no tribal!!
so she will become a control build and i will start a new search for a good vampire tribal lord!
Its diet consists of fruits, plants, small woodland animals, large woodland animals, woodlands, fruit groves, fruit farmers, and small cities.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 04:06:58 pm »
Ok so are you looking for a tribal lord or someone to go with your color scheme? Because honestly there are a lot of legendary vampires out there. Here are six legendary vampires that you might be interested in. Their effects are good and they'd make great commanders as well.

1. Anowon, the ruin sage is good for field control without having to waste your destroy spells on small fry.

2. Kalitas, bloodchief of ghet is a good commander who thins your opponent's rank while increasing yours without putting himself at risk.

3. Drana, Kalastria bloodchief would be good for spot removal and she helps beef up your smaller vampires to get some early game damage goiing. Also if you've got vampires that trample and/or have lifelink it would be a great way to stay ahead of your opponent without having to get directly involved in combat.

4. Mirko voss is definitely worth having if you want to add the mill element to your vampire deck. It's a U/B vampire so he'd have plenty of support and your opponent's deck would grow thin very quickly. I played against him in a tournament once so i'm speaking from experience.

5. Olivia Voldaren if you want to keep your red and do some snatch steal action going on with the enemy's creatures.

6. Kish val the blood arbiter has the control element to him (being W/B this helps) but if you stick to a snatch and steal typw of play style you can steal your opponent's creatures and then sacrifice them for his effect and use his effect t wipe out the other ones that are causing you problems.