deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Time screw deck  (Read 1656 times)

lizbian

• Decks
Time screw deck
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »
I recently played against someone who had a very unique strategy for winning. It revolved primarily around three cards: Psychic Possession, Chronomantic Escape, and a third one that I can't remember. If I recall correctly, it basically allowed them to skip their turn. I think it was a land, but I can't be sure. If not, it must have been an artifact. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this card might be?

Oh, and I'm 95% sure it was Modern as opposed to Legacy/Vintage.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:43:25 pm by ladubois »

Shanoa

• Decks
Re: Time screw deck
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 03:15:17 am »

Perhaps Magosi, the Waterveil is the land you are thinking of?

lizbian

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:30:22 am »
Maybe... But I doubt it. They were able to skip/end their turn every single turn that they wanted to. Though I suppose they may have had two.

EDIT: I'm thinking it was Sundial of the Infinite, now. I'll post a rough draft of the deck soon.

lizbian

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 02:01:22 am »
Here it is!

Hmm... It's got a bit more land than I thought, so perhaps I'll take out the two Islands and replace them with another pair of Privileged Position. I'd normally avoid having so many cards that high on the mana curve, but the effect is devastating to opponents against this deck.

Anyway, no matter what my main deck's strategy is, I normally have enough creatures to offer some resistance, or even have a chance at winning through life points if my opponent has a particularly terrible draw, but there simply isn't enough room in this deck. Because of how odd the strategy is, pretty much every card must directly address it (although, now that I think about it, I might be able to squeeze in a couple Fog Bank). And so, I have very little in the way of reference points to tell how efficient this deck is. Suggestions for more experienced players are welcome.

EDIT: Forgot that I put this in the general forum. I'll go repost in the Deck Advice one.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:54:39 pm by ladubois »

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:10:11 pm »
Here's the Link to the Deck Review post:

http://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,1280.0.html

Topic Closed.