deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: $10 Heroic Deck to Beat EVERYONE - Comments  (Read 498 times)

Comment Bot

$10 Heroic Deck to Beat EVERYONE - Comments
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:30:20 am »
This is the comment topic for $10 Heroic Deck to Beat EVERYONE.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für $10 Heroic Deck to Beat EVERYONE.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Dringdar

• Decks
Re: $10 Heroic Deck to Beat EVERYONE - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:30:20 am »
You might want to include more spells to give "protection from ___" to your creatures. It makes them unblockable if used during an attack, and protects them from the copious amounts of removal thrown around in Modern. It'd be an awful shame to lose a 6/6 creature you've spent 4 spells and 3 turns buffing to a Path to Exile, Abrupt Decay or Terminate.

You might also consider splashing another color, though Blue or Red are most friendly to Heroic. Blue gives you access to Ordeal of Thassa, Battlewise Hoplite, and Aqueous Form, all of which are very strong for Heroic decks. Blue also gives you draw spells and deck manipulation, though I'm not sure how important such spells will be in a Modern Heroic deck. Red gives you access to Brute Force, Titan's Strength, Assault Strobe, and Temur Battle Rage, which enables massive hostility. Red also gives you Lightning Bolt and other burn spells which can be used to polish off those last few points of life an opponent might be sitting on.

Lastly, consider dropping all of the three drops you've chosen. The Priest in particular is a very weak choice for a heroic deck, and Fabled Hero, while potentially powerful, is too easy to kill for too substantial a mana investment. Not playing your beater until turn 3 is way too slow for a modern aggro deck. Dauntless Onslaught is passable, but generally going to only be hitting one of your creatures, since its unlikely you'll actually have more than one on the board.

Frostymourne

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:14:10 am »
I got a heroic deck. I have to say it can't really beat everyone. It dies a lot to creature removal. So you need a lot of protection spells, its also good for making your men unblockable. Gods Willing, Emerge unscathed, since you are playing monowhite Brave the elements.

Heroic also have some really stupid flaws, sometimes you may have a hand full of spells which needs your heroes or you may have a board full of heroes with no spells. Because Heroic is reliant on spells that target them, you probably face problems.
Just saying from experience...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:15:48 am by Frostymourne »

TheHawk

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »
Thanks for your comment Dringdar. I have not played a heroic deck before and will gladly take your advice on removing Fabled Hero however I don't think I am going to add another color in for this deck. I may make another deck that has two  colors.

Zenon

• Just your everyday Boy Scout who plays MTG.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »
I'd keep the Fabled Hero. It may be easy to kill, but with one hit from heroic you have it dealing six damage, two hits eight damage, it builds up quickly. Given your really, really low mana curve (highest CMC being 3), you could drop to 18-20 Plains safely. Kjeldoran War Cry (adds to itself for each one cast before it), Marshalling Cry (flashback), Guardians' Pledge, Righteous Charge, Spare From Evil (creatures you control get protection from non-Human creatures until end of turn), and Steeling Stance (can be used again and again) would all fit well in place of some Plains, while staying in budget and being low-mana cost. My favorite part about this deck is that it's Standard, save a couple cards. Good work :)
—Zenon