deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: phenax mill - Comments  (Read 520 times)

Comment Bot

phenax mill - Comments
« on: September 07, 2015, 08:21:14 am »
This is the comment topic for phenax mill.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für phenax mill.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

yochee

• Decks
Re: phenax mill - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 08:21:15 am »
Is it legal to have extort in this deck? I thought cards couldn't have any mana symbols anywhere that aren't in the color identity of your commander (extort costs black/white, phenax is black and blue). If I'm wrong, please tell me so I can improve my commander decks.

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: phenax mill - Comments
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 09:01:16 am »
The rules for commander, from the Comp rules:

207.2. The text box may also contain italicized text that has no game function.

903.4. The Commander variant uses color identity to determine what cards can be in a deck with a certain commander. The color identity of a card is the color or colors of any mana symbols in that card's mana cost or rules text, plus any colors defined by its characteristic-defining abilities (see rule 604.3) or color indicator (see rule 204).

903.4b Reminder text is ignored when determining a card's color identity. See rule 207.2.

Extort is fair game; It is a keyword ability, and the troubling hybrid mana only appears in the reminder text.

Though, for the deck: you have 2 copies of Shrieking Affliction.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx