deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: did not play mtg for 7 years just want to now if this deck is any good in modern  (Read 1639 times)

akiraqc69

• Decks
did not play mtg for 7 years just want to now if this deck is any good in modern
i dont really play tournement so i try to build casual deck but still want to win a few do you think  this is any good??

http://deckstats.net/decks/45359/310732-vamp-modern-test

eocar89

• Decks
It depends on what you mean by "good". For fun everything is good, but it depends on the level of your opponents decks. If you want some help I could give you some advices to improve it ^^

akiraqc69

• Decks
some advice will be nice i dont know what i will be up against since im going to try it out on friday but what change would u make i was thinking about maybe adding a set of fetch land to work whit bloodghast
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:46:56 pm by akiraqc69 »

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
It is well tuned, and bound to be fast. Consider an answer to Planeswalkers.

Additionally, you may want to replace Bloodchief Ascension with Bloodsoaked Champion. Would be perfect pitch fuel for Viscera Seer.

Consider replacing Sickening Shoal with: Grasp of Darkness, Urge to Feed, or Sudden Death, ordered by priority. With all that black, the Gray Merchant of Asphodel sounds like a fair sideboard choice.

If you run fetch lands, put in a pair of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:11:51 am by Drunk Cynic »
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

akiraqc69

• Decks
thx bloodsoak chaqmpion is a great idea i took me a bit to figure out ther use of the Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth but yeah lol now i got it thx good idea   i was thinking about vampire hexmage for a awnser to planeswalker in my sideboard thx 4 the help man il will try the deck friday and see what im up against than prob change a few things well see
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:06:06 am by akiraqc69 »

Crusader

• Decks

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
thx bloodsoak chaqmpion is a great idea i was thinking about vampire hexmage for a awnser to planeswalker in my sideboard thx 4 the help man il will try the deck friday and see what im up against than prob change a few things well see
Strong answer, more cohesive for the deck than Hero's Downfall, and also rather versatile.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

akiraqc69

• Decks
many great awnsers in just a few hours thx 4 the help guyz this site is amazing

Crusader

• Decks
I have helped my friend work on this deck for many years now. Mono Black Vampire Tribal definitely has built in Sacrifice mechanics. But not as much as the Deck Zombie bombardment or something similar. I have noticed this deck can be a little slow, and you don't have the draw acceleration to be running aether vialBloodghast is great when you can combo him, but it will not happen as often as you like in the long run. So with that being said I do recommend keeping this deck as a Tribal Vampire (Mono Black Aggro). You have all the good vampires for the most part. Again I will recommend Blood Artist and now Smallpox. Having a way to cheat bloodghast into play by discarding him and using his landfall is hard in Mono Black modern. Even with smallpox you have to wait till turn 3 to get him into play. My Ideal turn 1, 2, and 3 plays would be: Turn 1- Swamp Duress Inquisition of kozilek or thoughtseize. Turn 2- Smallpox, ditch a bloodghast. Turn-3 hope you drew into 3 lands by now. Nowa days baltusrade spy is also a viable option for getting late game bloodghast's into your graveyard. Drunk Cynic had a great point instead of fetches, you can run evolving wild's with Urborg, Tomb Of Yawgmoth to stack landfalls for a combo late game. The Blade of the bloodchief i would cut to 2 becuase it is conditional or dependant. Mirri cut to 0 because this deck already has too many 3 drops. Gatekeeper, Captivating V, Nighthawk eat up enough your mana curve. If you like the free draw from gitaxian probe check out street wraith. This is a rough draft of what I personally would do with the mainboard.
 http://deckstats.net/decks/10519/319260-mona-black-vampire-tribal?saved=1&lng=en

akiraqc69

• Decks
Re: seer of the blood - Comments
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 12:11:12 pm »
ok made quite a few change since the original version i did not playtest this yet but i think its well tuned for now

http://deckstats.net/decks/45359/310732-seer-of-the-blood