deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Mardu Allies - Comments  (Gelesen 418 mal)

Comment Bot

• Gast
Mardu Allies - Comments
« am: Oktober 09, 2015, 03:42:24 Nachmittag »
This is the comment topic for Mardu Allies.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Mardu Allies.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

PenguinAvatar

• Decks
Re: Mardu Allies - Comments
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 09, 2015, 03:42:25 Nachmittag »

No Chasm Guide for haste?

bughunter

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 09, 2015, 03:50:09 Nachmittag »
It is tempting idea, but given that I am not focusing on the graveyard proc component anymore, (I pulled out Alesha and dropped a March and moved Rally the Ancestors to the sideboard), it isn't really needed for a hasty entrance from the grave. Also for a 4 drop, I have found with play testing with friends and in local shop tournaments that the slow down required for that 1 extra swing isnt as important as the consistency of getting healer/kor turn 2, drana/other ally, turn 3/ gideon, turn 4. 

I am open to try more graveyard rush options, but I dont have a super ton of play testing before the PTQ.

bughunter

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 09, 2015, 03:53:37 Nachmittag »
Chasm Guide would be great as a 3 drop, then I could drop drana,( turn 4), Alesha/gideon,( turn 5), Alesha/radiant flames/other board wipe,( turn 6), and then March/Rally.
But as a 4 drop it is almost turn 6-7 before I can drop March and that point Esper/(R/G) elementals has reached midgame dominance and I need to focus more on removal and consistent ally drops.

bughunter

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 09, 2015, 03:55:21 Nachmittag »
I am up for criticism of course, but the meta doesn't really call for the 4 drop haste atm.
At least as far as I have seen.

PenguinAvatar

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 09, 2015, 06:32:55 Nachmittag »
I originally thought about it like you did - Mardu has good allies, good removal package, you can Rally for a mid- to late game combo win, but I just couldn't get past the loss of green for ramp, ally pump (+2/+2 is sweet beats), and to fill the yard for Rally.  That's when I changed my thinking to this:  http://deckstats.net/decks/38645/335942-rally-the-ally-s

Include more red if you feel it's more consistent, but since rotation effectively neutered Red's removal package I don't see it as a primary colour to the deck anymore.

bughunter

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 14, 2015, 11:36:22 Nachmittag »
I play-tested chasm guide before and during FNM last week, and it kind of worked as a turn 5 ally. It really didn't seem all that useful except when everything went to hell in my match with U/W Awaken deck, because he loved his board wipes. It was viable in that case, so I will include it for the PTQ, but I may sideboard it out in favor of more removal. Thanks for the comment!

bughunter

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 19, 2015, 04:11:58 Nachmittag »
I went 6-2 with this deck at our regional PPTQ, so I think it has the makings of being a staple midrange deck.  I recommend Duress and transgress the mind over endless obliteration in tournament play, but in FNM you can easily get away with using endless in your sideboard for taking out annoying Ojutai/Silumgar/Rhinos.