deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Green Devo deck  (Read 1315 times)

draven787

• Decks
Green Devo deck
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:04:21 am »
FNM Warrior! MTG Deckbuilding Mastermind!

ICEWOLF

• Decks
Re: Green Devo deck
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »
I would swap the top end colossus for a couple of garruks horde. By the time you get to that stage you need card draw rather then a big creature you may not find. Gives you somewhere to dump all the mana from the acolytes.

Windstorm I wouldn't main deck if you are already going to have a playset of deadly recluses.

Deck needs more big threats. Somewhere to spend all the mana you are going to produce. 3/3 centaurs and 2/2 decoys arent very scary.

scrap the fog. why avoid damage when you are green. just punch them in the face harder then they are hitting you  ;D

Mine has been very strong - check it out here for more tips - http://deckstats.net/decks/7103/40089-green-devotion/en

draven787

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:42:42 am »
I can play the colossus and make him a 20/20 in the same turn that is a very deadly card garruks horde to me is garbage. The deck is not the best but I don't want a high mana curve this is for a standard tournament. And the fog is great what if I can't block anything and I can kill them next round if I live.

draven787

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:43:54 am »

ICEWOLF

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »
The reason I play Garruks horde is card draw. Unless I hit a land I can keep pumping out a lot of creatures per turn. Biggest problem for me was the longer games as I empty my hand too quickly. If I owned more caller of beasts I would have them instead

Styrofoam02

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:11:13 am »
I don't want to be a jerk, but Collosus of Akros is garbage.  Any good deck will keep you off your mana acel since you rely solely on creatures for your mana.  Making you play on curve is DEVASTATING.  Where are the sylvan caryatid for the hexproof mana dork?

Fog is terrible also.  It is strictly defensive.  There is no use for fog in a game where you are on the offensive, and it becomes a dead card.   2 plummet?  Why are you sideboarding against flyers in the main deck?  You're already 2 cards long in the deck as it is, why are you diluting your deck from getting the cards you need when you need them?

Why no Polukranos?  Polukranos is FAR better than the collosus of Akros.  a 5/5 for 4 is far more dangerous than a 10/10 for 8.  and if you have the mana like you say you do, then monsterousing Polukranos with all that mana, and killing all their blockers and just attacking for lethal with him is the same...  Polukranos has WAY more upside and none will very rarely be in your hand waiting on mana.  Besides that, it has a really awesome synergy with the Bow of Nylea.

I would also consider putting in Garruk, Call of beasts to keep your hand full of threats in the late game.

Just some friendly advise.

kuryan100

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:41 am »
I would also put in Nylea, God of the Hunt. Since your deck is mono green, it will work perfectly with your huge creatures if you put in like Polukranos, World Eater or like Garruks Horde. You have no big creatures except for the Mistcutter Hydra if you can get him huge, and Colossus of Akros.