deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: GW retreat sigil - Comments  (Read 672 times)

Comment Bot

GW retreat sigil - Comments
« on: October 30, 2015, 11:51:32 am »
This is the comment topic for GW retreat sigil.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für GW retreat sigil.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

hgghy

• Decks
Re: GW retreat sigil - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:51:32 am »
I have been looking to make a deck like this for a while now, and this one is the best one I have seen yet! I think I will use it with the following changes:
- 4 oblivion sowers
- 3 explosive vegetation
- 2 myth realized
+ 1 silkwrap
+ 4 Gideon ally of zendikar
+ 4 secure the wastes
and maybe add more fetchlands.

Draag

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:13 pm »
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate that you like the drck. With regards to the changes I do have a version including Gideons in my other decks and it is definitely a good addition. I was also thinking of adding more fetches bringing the total to 10 so i agree with you on that one as well. I am not sure on d sowers as i never tested them but the prospect of more landfall triggers is tempting. Please let me know how the deck works out for you.

hgghy

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 03:50:50 am »
this is the deck I made:
https://deckstats.net/decks/23904/353555-selesnya-enchantress-tokens

I only played with it a little, 2 games. I crushed a rakdos(RA) aggro deck with hangarback walker, bloodsoaked champion, flamewake phoenix, etc. I think we both had a fairly average hand. the next game I played a green ramp deck that crushed me with an insane hand. they stuck a whisperwood elemental while I played a second sigil on turn 4, then cast see the unwritten, get Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger and Surrak, the Hunt Caller, and killed me in 2 more turns. GG, WP. :)

BTW, I drew Myth Realized both games and it was excellent both times even though I got it later than turn one. I think maybe I need more.

Draag

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 05:31:00 pm »
Wow thanks for sharing. Yes the ramp matchup requires some sideboard. 4 suspension fields/valorous stance would help for sure. I think theyre better than the mastery of the unseen for this deck.  How did the green retreat go? After your message i built anither version without it and instead i invluded 2 quarantine fields and a third nissa (cant remember what the 4th one was) but i m still not sure of this as i like t
Like how kazandu can kerp you out if reach with the lifegain.

hgghy

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 08:46:20 pm »
is the ramp matchup really that bad, though? I think they just had a crazy good hand... I am going to try out a naya version with outpost siege, but I am not yet ready to give up on this version either.

Draag

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 10:59:26 pm »
Its the fact that ramp plays its own game and doesnt really care what the opponent does. Also they have too many permanent removals which hurt. If trying a naya version (which i m interested in) try impact tremors. It would deal a lot if free damage esp with Emeria and secure the wastes.

hgghy

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 01:03:17 pm »
ok I played against ramp, and kept getting crushed, but I don't think it is a good idea to go into black for discard, so I think we will just have to settle for hoping never to run into another ramp deck ever again. :( I don't like impact tremors much, it cant really win the game by itself so we would need to swing anyway, and if we are doing that we will win regardless of the incidental damage from impact tremors.

Draag

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »
May i ask what your sideboard strategy qas for ramp?

hgghy

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 01:45:55 am »
none, I figured I would just lose to them no matter what, so I devoted more sideboard slots to agro and control.

hgghy

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 01:06:44 pm »
good matchups: midrange, aggro, control
even matchups: jeskai
bad matchups: ramp
unknown matchups: bant tokens, pentacolor bring to light, aristocrats, esper tokens.