deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Esper control - Comments  (Read 636 times)

Comment Bot

Esper control - Comments
« on: November 21, 2015, 08:11:03 am »
This is the comment topic for Esper control.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Esper control.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Juggalo9009

• Decks
Re: Esper control - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 08:11:04 am »
Any one got any ideas for this that doesn't involve snapcatser

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:25:19 am »
I do have some suggestions and they are all doable.
      Firstly the mana base needs to be adjusted so that you can gain the most health and play spells as fast as possible. tranquil cove, scoured barrens, isolated chapel, evolving wilds and the basic lands will be good and fast enough for this deck.
     Secondly You need to decide the deck focus because just blowing everything up on the field and gaining health is not a good strategy for winning ( i know because I beat a similar deck using a U/B zombie mill deck). Even though you're playing a control deck decide whether you want to STEAL health using card effects and defensive tactics, TAKE health using combat tactics and giving creatures lifelink, or a combination of both. I understand you have your own playstlye but to be honest playing 100% defense is the easiest way to make yourself a sitting duck 100% of the time.
      Thirdly do not play cards the give your opponent a choice or allow them even the slightest advantage. Doing so takes away the control element of the deck and gives your opponent room to counter (so don't play path to exile, side board if you really need it).
      Next you only have two types of creatures in this deck. I see that you have bounce spells but anyone can get around a spell wall if all you do is put cards back in peoples hands, exile creatures (if they play any to begin with), if they discard you till you're empty or if they counter your spells as well. Set up a defense if you're gonna play control please because it's too easy to steal health from you when you have no ground game. Just s bit of advice that I hope helps. Let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Juggalo9009

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »
Well that was my problem with my last deck I used red instead of black and I ran into the problems with not having enough creatures to save me so I decided to use black for lingering souls so I can have blockers the meta I play in is really creature base so honestly this was the best I could come up with I am not sure how else to change it I have been sufing the web for ideas and all decks I find are way out of my price rang (snapcaster) and stuff lol so what should I change out for what because I am lost lol

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:34:54 pm »
     If you like making soul tokens then focus on that. You're playing esper so you have control elements AND destruction at your disposal. Here is an idea; Try using the soul tokens for black sacrifice effects and for life gain abilities and blue for overall protection. IF you go on magic the gathering's website there is a card database. Look over the INNISTRAD BLOCK and you will see some good cards that can make a control spirit deck plenty easy. Also when playing control the idea is to get the enemy in a position where they cannot stop your plays and you can hinder them as often as possible while at the same time fulfilling your own plan. So maybe playing cards that say, "your opponent cannot attack/ block unless he pays s much mana" or "for every creature on the field target creature receives this much damage."
     An idea would be to use the black and white for creature control while you use white cards and blue cards to mill your opponent. Psychic spiral would be good for recycling your graveyard and it would also mill the opponent. Definitely worth having if you play small creatures that die easy. Or you can take another route and make the deck focused on humans. One deck idea I had brewing was to put unruly mob and village cannibals in the same deck with creatures that died. This way both would grow strong just by playing tokens that die easily. What you want to do is find cards from certain card sets and blocks that not only fit your color scheme but also add to YOUR deck mechanic. If creature removal is you dilemma then black creature destruction is the way t go. Look over the card database and it literally has every card at your disposal.