deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!  (Read 1994 times)

Nils

• Decks
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
« on: December 24, 2013, 01:58:10 pm »
I hope you are having great holidays and an even better new year! :)

Did you have a favorite deck of 2013? Post it here!

Gordoule

• Decks
Re: Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 06:14:02 pm »
happy holidays to all users of the page!!

personally, my favorite deck is the I'm currently playing ... It is a fusion between Chapin's Orzhov Midrange and Orzhov Control that appeared a few days ago on MTGO.

here is the list
http://deckstats.net/decks/2883/51723-bw-orzhov-midcontrol
Perfil de Deckstats, siempre hay algo nuevo
http://deckstats.net/decks/2883/?lng=es

Blitkun

• ~!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 02:54:34 pm »
Happy holidays for everyone! ^^

Currently, my favourite (main) deck is the outcome of 2 years of home brewing on a Boros list. The deck had three complete overhauls in the meantime, and finally came to a midrangey approach - in contrast to the aggressive base it had at first.

It's My Little Boros ;D (Modern)

With quite a bit of help from my friends I came to achieve a good balance in control and efficiency - due to great sinergy and mini-combos on the list that surely help to minimize Boros' greatest weakness - lack of Card Advantage. This list is solely based on a control-ish early game in order to dominate lategame via topdecking and game-ending threats.

Though it was brewed with a casual environment in mind, a few minor tweaks and an adequate sideboard can surely help the deck's performance - as I experienced in a few Modern FNMs.

My Little Boros has been my main deck for quite some time now - and 2013 was the first year I came to play with it competitively (even if only FNMs). I love this deck ^^

However, I can't help but mention my numerous MonoGreen brews, powered with Chroma and Devotion (love you, Primalcrux), Defender mana base or multiple Vernal Bloom s in order to achieve a big Genesis Wave or Primal Surge. And the RG/RUG/Jund Madness decks, powered by Squee, Goblin Nabob and some nasty discard outlets. Wild Mongrel and Basking Rootwalla are beautiful as always.
My sister's MonoWhite Exalted deck has been tweaked quite a lot, and it's beginning to take shape.

Anyways, sorry for the long post - happy holidays \o
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:59:56 pm by Blitkun »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »
Happy Holidays all!

My favorite deck is my Daxos EDH deck. It was the first EDH deck I actually built (I had ideas for others actually worked out but first built it). It has great success against every archetype of deck I've played so far with it. The only deck at my local shop it's yet to beat is the owner's Animar deck, in some part due to whenever I play him it never seems to run right while his always runs perfect.

Anyway, it's a basic counter deck designed to tie up your resources while allowing me to buff Daxos and get 21 commander damage in at absolute most 4 turns after he hits the field.
This space for rent.

AeroSigma

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:19:06 am »
My Favorite Deck in 2013 was Esper Gifts (Modern.)  That deck has since turned into American Midrange, with my aquisition of a playset of geists, but we'll see what happens as 2014 modern season comes along. 

I was going to make a mono black devotion deck for modern, but really all it wants to do is play T4 Phyrexian Obliterator or Abyssal Perescutor, and devotion is just too slow for that.  This is what I've ended up with, is anyone else thinking along these lines for modern in 2014?

Blitkun

• ~!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 06:33:13 am »
My Favorite Deck in 2013 was Esper Gifts (Modern.)  That deck has since turned into American Midrange, with my aquisition of a playset of geists, but we'll see what happens as 2014 modern season comes along. 

I was going to make a mono black devotion deck for modern, but really all it wants to do is play T4 Phyrexian Obliterator or Abyssal Perescutor, and devotion is just too slow for that.  This is what I've ended up with, is anyone else thinking along these lines for modern in 2014?

T4 Phyrexian Obliterator into T5 Gray Merchant of Asphodel sounds nasty.
I'd brew it Legacy, though - Dark Ritual is just way too sexy.