deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH/Commander] Anya, Merciless Angel Combo Deck  (Read 967 times)

CommanderMeanderer

• Previously Iceburgh EDH
  • Decks
[EDH/Commander] Anya, Merciless Angel Combo Deck
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:38:31 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some help on my Anya deck here:http://deckstats.net/decks/33863/384971-anya-comboros/en. Since boros is sort of, well, the absolute worst color combo to make a creature-based combo deck out of, I'm hoping for any advice I can get on it. It's different from how I usually play, so before I go in too deep with the financial cost of this deck I want to make sure I have it right. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Disclaimer: I am a casual player. I hope to help in all of my posts, but my opinion and suggestions are not perfect. Please correct me on any wrong or non-optimal information.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH/Commander] Anya, Merciless Angel Combo Deck
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:09:27 am »
     A good way to work though your deck faster would be to play cards that allow you to scry. Magma jet, titan's strength, battlewise valor, god's willing, spark jolt, bolt of keranos, lightning javelin,  and spite of mogis would all be worth having since they let you scry and even deal damage as well.

Also personally I'd remove the cards that deal damage to you as well as your opponent. If you want a fast and hard hitting deck focus on THEM as the target not yourself included. Also if you utilize the battalion effect of the boros creatures and actually use some of their spells for your deck then it should work out in your favor. Really just look at your commander's effects and ask yourself; What cards can I put into this deck to make my commander's effect trigger the most? It's a good start to a strong deck. Also Boros is great as far as creatures go, you just need to pick the right ones for the particular deck you're playing.

CommanderMeanderer

• Previously Iceburgh EDH
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 06:39:06 pm »
Thanks so much for your input!

I've made the below edits:
molten disaster -> red sun’s zenith
anvil of bogarden -> crystal ball
hammerfist giant -> chandra’s Ignition
alhammaret’s archive -> fated conflagration
furnace of rath ->god’s willing
stoneforge mystic -> magma jet
Disclaimer: I am a casual player. I hope to help in all of my posts, but my opinion and suggestions are not perfect. Please correct me on any wrong or non-optimal information.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:46:55 pm »
     very good choices, but the stoneforge mystic you might want to side board just in case.