deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Your favorite sanctioned constructed MTG format ?

Vintage
0 (0%)
Legacy
1 (12.5%)
Modern
4 (50%)
Extended
0 (0%)
Standard
3 (37.5%)
Block
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: January 30, 2014, 12:26:03 am

Author Topic: Favorite sanctioned constructed format  (Read 1957 times)

Vorosh2

• "Sin descanso. Sin piedad. No importa lo que pase.
  • Decks
Favorite sanctioned constructed format
« on: January 30, 2013, 12:26:03 am »
Vote for your favorite sanctioned constructed format.
"Ach! Hans, Corre! Es el Lhurgoyf!"  Saffi Eriksdotter, Ultimas Palabras.

danger

• Decks
Re: Favorite sanctioned constructed format
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »
modern all the way! :)

AeroSigma

• Decks
Re: Favorite sanctioned constructed format
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
Oh yes, Modern.  I love it! It's such a diverse format, with the large card pool allowing so many different strategies to co-exist (thank you bloodbraid ban.)  Some people have said that all decks are the same, they just look different, but I think that's only true from the "always play good cards, not OK ones." 

I love that the large card pool really let's you get into (what I see as) the best part of Magic; Complex Interactions.  There are soo many cards, with soo many subtle rules changes that you can really explore synergies and interactions.  It is a very large puzzle, and there's no easy solution, and sanctioned Modern let's me explore the possibilities without frustrating my casual buddies with efficient, highly effective decks :p

And because it's eternal, I don't have to keep renewing my playsets every two years.

-On that note, is anyone going to GP Las Vegas?  I'm seriously considering it, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford the time away from my family.