deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My Son's First Deck - Mono - Blue - Comments  (Read 754 times)

Comment Bot

My Son's First Deck - Mono - Blue - Comments
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:03:52 am »
This is the comment topic for My Son's First Deck - Mono - Blue.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für My Son's First Deck - Mono - Blue.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

garrett54

• Decks
Re: My Son's First Deck - Mono - Blue - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:03:52 am »
There are a lot "one of each card" which may lead to an inconsistent play style. In magic you are allowed up to four of the same card as long as it is not restricted. Me personally, I do not like super expensive cards, or at least a lot of them. You have a lot of cards that cost over 4 mana. which in late game might not seem as bad but early game you can be stuck with not doing a whole lot. With this deck I am seeing a lot of a control theme(obviously, blue deck is big on control). In Control decks, card draw can be very important.  In this deck quicksilver behemoth is pointless because you do not have any artifacts which will make it harder and longer to bring it out. I would include cards like Mana Leak, Serum Visions, redirect, dissolve, cryptic command ect. If you want, you can check out my white/blue control deck.

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 05:13:12 am »
oh! awesome!.. and yes quicksilver behemoth is one of the problems that we will be fixing as soon as i'm done entering my blue cards into my collection on here..  and i will definitely check out your deck for ideas and keep your suggestions in mind.. i was gifted a very large box of MTG cards and it took us two days just to organize it into respective colors lol!  thank you for your time!  it's greatly appreciated!!

garrett54

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:00:10 am »
No problem! Card Kingdom is a good site to buy bulks or individual cards if you wish! i would suggest checking it out.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 11:16:29 am »
     Hey Tjdojjo,looking at this deck first glance it does appear to be a pretty defensive deck. A lot of bouncing, tapping creatures and drawing cards. There are actually a few themes that he could focus on as he plays this deck: Unblockable creatures, "frozen" (tapping the opponent's creatures so they don't untap), or even self bouncing where you can have "enter the battlefield" effects trigger repeatedly when ever he summons a creature. Which ever way he decides to go he'll definitely need more than 1 of each card. For example:

unblockable- Aether figment, keymaster rogue, neurok invisimancer, whirler rogue, wing splicer (so you can have some artifacts), any illusion creatures.

Frozen- Deceiver exarch, frost lynx, frost titan, frost breath orr any card that taps creatures for longer than 1 turn.

Bouncing- augury owl, archaeomancer, djinn of wishes (because you can re-set him to get more wish counters), dream stalker, faerie impostor, omen speaker, sage owl.

These are just ideas of cards that your son could add to give it a more streamlined feel to the deck.

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 03:56:10 am »
Ooo yes he loves his unblockables and his freezing defenses..  Thank you!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 03:57:33 am »
Glad that it helped. Has he shown any growth or improvement as far as game play goes?

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 04:02:14 am »
Hes definitely slowing down and thinking and planning his moves more carefully...  Also his  battle field awareness is much better than when we first started...  He was even beggining to anticipate my moves with great success. Unfortunate ly for me. Hahha. :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 04:03:41 am »
Sounds like he's ready to take his game one step further. Are you father?

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 04:13:07 am »
Yes! 

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 04:17:18 am »
Very well then. TJDOJJO I am now going to recommend that you play not just one color......but TWO COLORS!!! (thunder strikes in the distance)

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 04:18:44 am »
He is really excited about coming back over and fixing his deck....  He reads these things so  hell be excited to  read the new info :))

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 04:25:42 am »
     That's good, it'll stimulate his mind. I'm going to inbox you so I can start a new topic with you (cause I feel like i'm having the same conversation over two different posts). Reply READY FOR RAVNICA when you get this message.

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 04:34:31 am »
READY FOR RAVNICA