deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: S Rarity cards?? all white borders vs all black borders???  (Leído 2877 veces)

Tjdojjo

• Decks
S Rarity cards?? all white borders vs all black borders???
« en: Enero 19, 2016, 05:38:00 am »
I have found quite a few S rarity cards in my collection so far...  what does this mean?   

are the older MTG with white borders no longer useable?  better to use new black bordered cards?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: S Rarity cards?? all white borders vs all black borders???
« Respuesta #1 en: Enero 19, 2016, 06:10:00 am »
Hey i don't believe that the White boarded cards are a form of rarity. If you read the link below it'll give you more information on that. As far as I know only the black bordered cards are allowed in modern and standard while the white border cards are legal for other play formats.
     https://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Card_frame#Borders

Also i did some browsing and this might help you as well:   https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110426152654AAOTV66

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Enero 19, 2016, 06:15:09 am »
awh ok.. i wont bother uploading them to the data base here then.. i'm glad i set them aside...  but on the black bordered cards i have uploaded this website says that the rarity is "Special"  ?!    do you know what that means?

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Enero 19, 2016, 06:17:11 am »
here are the cards i've found in my collection so far and what this website states

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faceless Butcher
      Creature - Nightmare Horror   Time Spiral "Timeshifted"   Special      $ 0.21   —
Ovinomancer
      Creature - Human Wizard   Time Spiral "Timeshifted"   Special      $ 0.23   —
Whispers of the Muse
      Instant   Time Spiral "Timeshifted"   Special      $ 0.24   —

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Enero 19, 2016, 06:23:18 am »
I'm not exactly sure, but like i was explaining earlier to you about the card rarities; If the emblem is Gold then it's RARE (which the cards you just showed me are) so maybe that's what it was referring to.

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Enero 19, 2016, 06:24:35 am »
huh, weird  okay awesome!  thanks again for your time :D   just wanted to make sure they were still playable ill look up the individual cards a little later... but again thank you so much!

DelverMage

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Enero 19, 2016, 02:11:47 pm »
Hey i don't believe that the White boarded cards are a form of rarity. If you read the link below it'll give you more information on that. As far as I know only the black bordered cards are allowed in modern and standard while the white border cards are legal for other play formats.
     https://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Card_frame#Borders

Also i did some browsing and this might help you as well:   https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110426152654AAOTV66

The only border colors that are not legal in organized play are Silver and Gold.

White bordered versions of cards are fine to use in any format that the card is legal.

As for the Timeshifted cards, they are called special because they did not follow normal rules for rarity.  Within the Special mix of the Time Spiral block, the timeshifted cards were randomized.  They have not done anything like that before or since.  For those cards you should look up the original version to see its previous rarity, to use as a gauge. 

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Enero 20, 2016, 03:53:38 am »
Awh timeshift...ok...  Do you know if they are illegal?  Or iust rarer rare cards?  Or worse then the rare cards...  I guess the question is ..  Should i put them aside or use them normally?   Thank you for your time and input!!  :))

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Enero 20, 2016, 03:59:51 am »
Personally you'd probably be safer just putting them in a collector's binder. If you don't know if a card is legal in a certain format then it's best to sit it aside until you can find out otherwise. If you still can't find it at that point then don't bother using it, keep it in your binder as if it's a nice little trophy.

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Enero 20, 2016, 04:03:26 am »
Lol. Awesome. Ill do just that!   Ty !  :))))

DelverMage

• Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Enero 20, 2016, 11:27:09 am »
The deck building section of deckstats does a good job of telling whether your cards are legal or not.

All normal sets from 8th edition on, are legal in modern, and that includes Timeshift cards.
« Última modificación: Enero 20, 2016, 10:35:07 pm por DelverMage »

Tjdojjo

• Decks
« Respuesta #11 en: Enero 20, 2016, 10:09:22 pm »
awh!  thank you!