deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Hatefish - Comments  (Read 204 times)

Comment Bot

Hatefish - Comments
« on: January 21, 2016, 05:43:23 am »
This is the comment topic for Hatefish.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Hatefish.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

argetlam99

• Decks
Re: Hatefish - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 05:43:23 am »
Awesome deck! I would just swap out Sea's Claim for some kind of removal or counterspell, as it will often be a dead card.
-peace :)

aliceblue

• Decks
Re: Hatefish - Comments
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 09:07:10 pm »
Thanks!

The removal options are Vapor Snag, Spatial Contortion, and Dismember.  However, having Path to Exile fulfills the need for removal pretty well.  Most merfolk decks I've played have had between 2 and 6 removal spells, and Path is by far better than the other three. 

The counterspell options are a little better; Spell Pierce, Spell Snare, Remand, Mana Leak, and Disrupting Shoal are all potentials (Mostly Snare and Shoal and Pierce) but they are all pretty bad with Thalia, which makes me hesitant.  It's possible some number of Shoal is correct even though Path and Thalia are white.  It's also possible Snare is just better in that slot due to the white cards, and Spell Pierce is definitely good right now even though Thalia makes it cost 1 more.  Soft counterspells even work well with Thalia. 

I like 8 LD-ish effects for a couple of reasons.  1) Tron and Eldrazi are a couple of the biggest decks right now, and they're great vs them.  2) Jund and Abzan are both big decks, and they have a hard time dealing with color screw.  3) They get better in multiples, so 10 is much better than 6 (I'm counting ghost quarter) 4) They're rarely dead, just sometimes bad.  Killing manlands is good because most decks play them, and even against blue decks you can often cut them off a color, especially if you have 2 or a Ghost Quarter.