deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mardu Prowess - Comments  (Read 260 times)

Comment Bot

Mardu Prowess - Comments
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »
This is the comment topic for Mardu Prowess.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Mardu Prowess.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

kmalsom

• Decks
Re: Mardu Prowess - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:25:29 pm »
I have a similar deck that I've run that is Blue White and it works pretty well.  I'm actually building a Jeskai build with some of the new cards from Oath of the Gatewatch.  My feedback to you is that this doesn't work when it gets mana flooded, so I run 20 lands max because if I start drawing land 6 I get hosed.  Also, you want lots of 1-2 mana spells.  Huge spells make prowess very slow.  I would recommend some cards like Lithomancer's Focus, Defiant Strike and Roast.  Since you don't want to get mana flooded cards like Magmatic Insight may be better than painful truths.  Triggers Prowess and filters your hand for 1 red.

suskip

• Decks
Re: Mardu Prowess - Comments
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:43:09 pm »
I'm pretty new to the current standard format have been playing modern for the past 6 years but I totally see the value in Magmatic Insight. I would have enjoyed blue as I'm a Twin/Geist/Delver player at heart, but couldn't talk myself into forking out the insane amount of money for a playset of Jace. Thanks a lot for the comment and suggestions.