deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Grixis Control - Comments  (Read 527 times)

Comment Bot

Grixis Control - Comments
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:35:26 pm »
This is the comment topic for Grixis Control.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Grixis Control.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: Grixis Control - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 11:35:26 pm »
looks familiar:)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:04:41 am »
     If you try comboing your phoenix with kalitas and bone splinters then you can get some death triggers and effects to trigger the zombie factory. The control and the burn aspect of this deck is insanely good but I don't see much recursion. If you try adding some vampiric rites or dutiful returns then you might be able to reuse creatures if they meet an untimely demise. 

Roet

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:26:19 pm »
Too be exact Kalitas is mainly in mainboard for lifegain it has and as a 1st game answers to rally decks, phoenixes are here to maintain pressure of enemy life total so i can play control game w/o having in mind i have to kill enemy on some point. Creatures are coming back with corpse churn and kolaghan command both spells have more use then just getting back the creature.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:11:51 pm by Roet »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 06:15:10 pm »
    I understand, I see that you do have a bit of graveyard use going on as far as creature recursion. Do you plan on expanding on that or is wiping the board of enemy creatures and pushing for the offense your main plan?

Roet

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »
1st version of my deck was focused on wiping the board and going offense but I found it a little bit clunky cause most aggro deck with who I suppose to be going well was going so quick at me that when i was casting languish i was nearly deadm beacause my 1st few turns was about getting zombie fish tasigur into play, focusing on jace staying alive and so on ;). Now that my deck looks like that it's more resilent to fast aggro cause of early removal and jori-en that can refill my hand if I go 1for1. In this deck creature recursion means spell recursion so yes I'm more about 1st plan cause it gives me a little bit of a second one ;)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 07:04:57 am »
     It's good that you've planned all of that out. Have you seen any weak spots or just areas you feel need shaping up as far as deck performance goes?

Roet

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 01:07:16 pm »
Weak spot of this deck for sure are Eldrazi Ramp decks 1st game ,despite of discarding them, I have no good answers to their big threats after sideboarding it's a lot better but I'm still not satysfied with how it looks like. 2nd thing I'm not reallt happy about in this deck is mana base but I'm not sure how am I suppose to change it, now I'm lacking colorless if I go more for colorless I'm loosing colored mana. I really can't do it well.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
     Well with the cards and creatures that you already have in this deck you really wouldn't want to splash the colorless in my opinion. You'd be trying to run a four color deck basically for adding a creature type that this deck does not need. I know it may be redundant to say this but SIMPLE removal is the key. Having a low drop spell like grasp of darkness, bone splinters (i really like this card because of its utility), visions of brutality (they won't DARE swing with their big eldrazi), unnatural endurance (for your creatures), playing creatures that have first strike AND death touch, or using control cards to bounce big threats back to the hand for a witness the end are all viable strategies in your color scheme and would not require too much of a deck overhaul.

Also if you add the creatures with death touch in this deck like nirkana assassin or malakir bat and gave them pathway arrows then you could literally eliminate ANY threat just by pinging it to death with your creature. Add retreat to hagra and you'll see faster gameplay in terms of your opponent losing life and also giving more of your creatures death touch. This way if your kalitas or someone gets double or even triple blocked just play sure strike while it has death touch and you're solid. How does this all sound so far?