deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH- Daxos the Returned  (Read 18872 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: EDH- Daxos the Returned
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2016, 01:54:46 am »
Thanks! I really liked those cards when I came across them. They definitely have major playability!
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 05:23:29 am »
     I think that a big part of your deck is going to be keeping the enchantments dropping every turn if you're able to. Instant and sorceries are needed as well but once you've got the experience counters you'll be set. Spell recursion should be the name of your game. Also since your commander can keep making tokens you can play cards to sac your tokens for health.Can you imagine gaining 10+ life every turn just by offing a freshly made spirit token? Or perhaps make yourself a wall of floating tokens.

AliasGreg

• "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT"
  • Decks
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 09:34:25 am »
When I played this deck, I really felt like I had to control, until I could cast Daxos and at least two cheap enchantments.
Then, next turn, Daxos should be dead, so you have to repeat the process.
That's why you need a lot of recursive enchantments, and probably a Command Beacon.
And you, what is your experience with this deck?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:57 pm »
I've enjoyed playing it. It runs into issues with fast swarm decks but not too severe (Ghostly Prison is almost always among the first cards I tutor for just for that reason). Outside of that it holds up pretty well.

Can't believe I'd forgotten Command Beacon.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2016, 07:04:55 am »
It seems like you might have taken out a lot of the basic cards that came with this deck. Have you considered building your deck against the other commander decks first (the 2016 ones I mean)? This way your sideboard and main board are already thoroughly equipped to play against the varying play styles that those decks are capable of. For example, if you know you're weak against faster decks then why not add cards that remove haste or allow your creatures to block MULTIPLE other creatures? Just cards like that which are able to give you the edge in a battle. 

AliasGreg

• "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT"
  • Decks
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 11:09:04 am »
I've enjoyed playing it. It runs into issues with fast swarm decks but not too severe (Ghostly Prison is almost always among the first cards I tutor for just for that reason). Outside of that it holds up pretty well.

No Academy Rector ? (and Phyrexian Tower / High Market)

Then you can add some big enchantments like Grave Betrayal.

Do you play 1 VS 1 or multiplayer?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:13:08 am by AliasGreg »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2016, 01:51:40 am »
It seems like you might have taken out a lot of the basic cards that came with this deck. Have you considered building your deck against the other commander decks first (the 2016 ones I mean)? This way your sideboard and main board are already thoroughly equipped to play against the varying play styles that those decks are capable of. For example, if you know you're weak against faster decks then why not add cards that remove haste or allow your creatures to block MULTIPLE other creatures? Just cards like that which are able to give you the edge in a battle.

Not really playing against any of the other precons from C15. Most of the people at the shop I'm playing at now are like me and have a variety of EDH decks. I just find a commander that's different from the other ones I've built around.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2016, 01:56:40 am »

No Academy Rector ? (and Phyrexian Tower / High Market)

Then you can add some big enchantments like Grave Betrayal.

Do you play 1 VS 1 or multiplayer?

Mostly multiplayer. Have a dedicated 1v1 (Skullbriar). It started out multiplayer, and can hold it's own in multiplayer, but generally makes itself a threat too quickly to not be targeted off the bat.

I debated Academy Rector and sac outlets, but I already have a stax style deck and don't want to repeat the theme in another deck.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:59:27 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2016, 05:36:01 am »
     If you're looking for sac stuff try comboing shadows of the past with vampiric rites. This way as creatures die you can scry AND draw the exact cards you want while gaining health. Do this with creatures that return back to the hand like dark revenant and you're set as far as deck cycling goes. Just make sure you get the card you want before returning dark revenant back to the library, or try this with a token producing spell or creature.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2016, 06:20:09 am »
Again, I have to laugh at how in sync we are.

I have that combo laid out for a Vela (or maybe Grimgin) deck that I'm working on. (I currently have 8 decks completely built along with this Daxos one that I'm playtesting to finish up, plus decks for Vela/Grimgrin, Brimaz, Stonebrow, Mogis, Talrand, and Sens Triplets that I'm mapping out)

(By completely built I mean outside of adjusting for changes in the meta or new releases that work themselves in, they are complete)
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 06:40:49 pm »
Pulled this deck out of an old deck bag (thought I had left it at a shop or loaned it to someone)- after thumbing through it I remembered how much fun I had playing it.

Looking for suggestions on any new cards to add to it that came out...last update was 1 & 1/2 ago.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2018, 12:19:06 am »
  Why not make it a tribal spirit deck with a focus on enchantments? Innistrad and theros will be your best friends there.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 09:37:18 pm »
Really don't wanna change the direction of the deck from what it is, just was wondering if there's any newer enchantments or creatures that benefit off enchantments that I may have missed. I tend to at times focus strictly on cards for the decks I'm playing so I probably missed some things that came out since the last time this was updated.
This space for rent.

Matt3337

• Decks
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2022, 08:33:05 pm »
If u still search for improvements u could consider:
Bloodchief Ascension
Grasp of Fate
Sigarda's Aid
Black market