deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Casual RB Dash Aggro Deck Advice  (Read 769 times)

Oblivious666

• Nyaaaaaaaaa!
  • Decks
Casual RB Dash Aggro Deck Advice
« on: February 05, 2016, 08:49:14 am »
The deck in question:

http://deckstats.net/decks/58011/417225-3-2-1-dash-extremely-budget

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and relatively new to deck building. I was wondering what advice I could get on my Dash deck, which is mainly intended for casual play and to be extremely budget. I've ran some test hands, and they seemed pretty good, not bricking too much. My knowledge in cards revolves around the sets DTK, KTK, FRF, JOU and BNG, so feel free to suggest any cards from relatively recent sets to me.
Ignorance is bliss
                           _+***+_
    ^Here is a rainbow for your convenience^

jameswhite1412

• Decks
Re: Casual RB Dash Aggro Deck Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »
You need some flying in there I run the dash style deck as well this is my take on it http://deckstats.net/decks/52809/383573-horde-of-war/en its modern for a few cards but the creatures are standard DOT and KOT have dash flyers. Hope this helps

ladof

• Decks
Re: Casual RB Dash Aggro Deck Advice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 12:57:32 am »
One thing you're probably going to run into is that you have three black cards (10 total, but 3 variants). You run less swamps for it, bit it's also your only creature one-drop. You aren't going to have many opportunities to drop both on turn one unless you mulligan for it (hint: not a good plan). You'd probably be better to make it a mono red deck and use lightning berserker (uncommon DoT. Ideally you'd use swiftspears, but they're pricey for an uncommon.)

Screamreach Brawler is a substitute for the black shaman (doesn't have the benefit of buffing, but it's a price to pay for monogamy. )

I'm not 100% sure what I'd trade out for foul-tongued, but it honestly doesn't work all that well in the deck anyway. Ideally, you will be dashing in cheap minions every turn, but you won't often have free mana to cast it afterwards. wild slash would be my vote. Less chance of a big play, more versatility  (you can use it on creatures, too.)
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.