deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Shadows Over Innistrad: Hidden Lore  (Read 30662 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Shadows Over Innistrad: Hidden Lore
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:05:51 pm »
    Hello Everyone G. Moto here, I've spent some time looking at some of the new cards that have been spoiled for this set and I might have found some information relating to the direction of the new block;

1) Pore over the pages- the flavor text reads, "I'm certain that the fate of Markov Manor is connected to these cryptoliths... this Tamiyo was on to something"  The fact that it even alludes to Tamiyo (who we mostly only heard of through uncharted realms archives and such) means that she may have played a significant role on Innistrad this time around. Also from reading multiple articles it appears that Edgar Markov, the progenitor of the vampires on Innistrad is actually still ALIVE. If Innistrad focuses the story towards this character we may face a new legendary vampire.

2) Structural Distortion- This one was a little hard to read due to image glare but the most I could make out was this; "As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad. As I have suffered so will Sorin" From the card art and the flavor of the card itself I believe that it'd be safe to say that Nahiri may play a more antagonistic role in this set.

I know it's probably a little early for speculation but what do you guys think as far as the card lore and possible story-lines go?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:23:10 am by G.Moto »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad: Hidden Lore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 04:31:53 pm »
With the card Voldaren Duelist, is Olivia Voldaren going to make another showing?
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:31:24 pm »
With your number 2, it almost sounds like whoever the speaker is (and I agree, it sounds like Nahiri) is trying to lure Emrakul to Innistrad. I doubt Magic wants back-to-back expansions with Eldrazi, but they're going to need to take care of that sooner or later.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 07:06:42 pm »
     It's a good possibility, that or the vampires will go back on the offensive against Sorin and Avacyn. Remember the other vampires see Sorin as a traitor so it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to rise up against him and the other planeswalkers once they get to innistrad. Also you know the world is going to turn itself upside down when a BLUE creature such as tower geist is portrayed on a RED burn spell.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:13:15 pm »
     @ladof I completely agree with you on that. It would also explain the new DELIRIUM mechanic since Emrakul can influence Biological beings. But it seems like the original denizens of Innistrad's past may be the ones playing a much larger role than the eldrazi this time around. Remember a shadow can be CAST over something by a large object or presence, but a shadow can also be something large or hidden from someone's past looming OVER them. That's why looking at innistrad's history as a plane is so important because there are so many people and creatures that have been through this world that it seems almost innumerable.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:05 pm »
Another good find relating to the first point I made concerning Edgar Markov; The flavor text reads: "New cults rising in Nephalia have found allies in the Stromkirk bloodline, whose PROGENITOR worships ancient and terrible forces." This being said, Vampire Elders are siding with possible demon followers which in itself could lead to anarchy on Innistrad. It appears that VAMPIRES may be taking center stage in this set big time.

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 11:59:04 pm »
with the new lore that's coming out and the new planeswalking werewolf, there's a lot of new things to speculate. My hunch (and i have no proof) is that Nahiri is going to appear and alter the moon of Innistrad, thus changing the power and control of the denizens of the night have. Additionally, I think with the background of Arlinn Kord (whom I think will be some combination of white/red/green), her spark igniting with her rampage will cause the avacynian church to go through a "werehunt."

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 02:38:03 am »
Well, they just released Avacyn herself, a white flip to red angel and the flavor text says 'guardian no longer,' so there's at least one villain of the plane.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 06:45:44 am »
So I guess my prediction on "Evil Angels" wasn't too far off. But that werewolf planeswalker has me excited though. Also this clue mechanic must be something big as far as the story goes. And if you look at the card art on Declaration of Stone you can see that Nahiri means business. Vampires trapped INSIDE of stone columns... that's some real hate right there.

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 08:01:48 am »
Markov Manor has been visited by Nahiri, and I stand by my statement that Arlinn Kord's sparking has something to do with Avacyn.

"The message was clear to Sorin - Nahiri had paid Markov Manor a visit." (from Declaration in Stone)
"'Wings that once bore hope are now stained with blood. She is our guardian no longer.' - Grete, cathar apostate" (from Avacyn, the Purifier)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 04:10:09 pm »
     I don't want to jump to any hasty decisions as far as speculation goes but if Avacyn becomes a destroyer of the masses (both human and creature alike) then wouldn't Sorin have to resort to destroying his own creation? This seems reminiscent of Victor Frankenstein in a way. Also maybe Sorin and his vampires lose the controlling influence over the plane and Werewolves step up to take the mantle of "Protectors over Innistrad"? It would seem highly likely after reading the first chapter of the Shadows over Innistrad story on the main MTG website.   

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 04:47:48 pm »
Maybe Nahari and Avacyn have some sort of connection
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 05:42:45 am »
     Maybe Avacyn was made of stone which would allow Nahiri to either control her or darken her influence. Also if you think about it this way; Nahiri was featured on a RED burn spell when we know that she's a MONO-WHITE Planeswalker. The New Avacyn is a WHITE creature who can flip and become a RED creature. Coincidence?.....I think not.

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 08:26:24 pm »
"As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad. As I have suffered so will Sorin"

I’m going to guess that Nahiri is seeking vengeance on Sorin for using her plane as a quarantine zone for the Eldrazi. It was her lithomancy and the creation of the Hedron allignment that allowed their imprisonment. So it seems logical that she would be able to alter and move these cells somehow, maybe even across planes. I think she has essentially turned Innistrad’s silver moon into a sort of Hedron, and has transferred Emrakul into it. As someone else said with the Delirium and Madness mechanics, Emrakul can influence biological entities, and with the moon casting his “shadow” over Innistrad this is entirely possible. However my biggest clue in this theory is simply the set releases in conjunction with the change of expansions to two set blocks.

First, during development Shadows Over Innnistrad was intended to be the third set of the Battle for Zendikar block, before the change to two set blocks was made. With Ulamog being the big bad in BFZ, and Kozilek in Oath, we’re safe in assuming Emrakul is on his way. However, because of this change I don’t think we’ll see him until the second set of SOI, which is also my second clue, because it’s called…

ELDRITCH MOON
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes."

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 08:35:58 pm »
Ugin's Insight

"You speak to me of the threat of Ulamog. But do not forget: they came as three."
- Ugin, to Jace Beleren
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes."