deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] atarka aggro  (Read 6837 times)

kylecaraway

• Decks
[Standard] atarka aggro
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »
atarka aggro

this is a type of aggro deck im also thinking of running give some input plz

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] atarka aggro
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 12:42:01 am »
For speed it looks very good, but where is atarka?
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

deaddman9

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:45 am »
I've been trying to build a deck fairly similar to this (built more around landfall). Since you have a thick mana base and some cards that let you get it out quicker, the only thing I might suggest is taking out the prowess for more landfall. I think you're smart not to play a ton of high mana cost cards since you're not actually drawing extra lands with anything

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:14:17 am »
what do you mean by getting ride of the prowesses witch ones?

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 02:15:02 am »

atarka's command theres 4 of them lol

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 02:27:03 am »
i am also trying to stick to a more traditional burn wit the leopards to act as sort of a Wild Nacatl from modern

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 02:42:56 am »
     I see that one white card that you have in your side-board. Wouldn't it serve you best to remove ALL the white from the deck and add cards such as sure strike? Destroying a creature with your creature would probably be more productive since you're going to be swinging most of the time. Also Naya would be a good way to go if you added more white to the deck. Having cards like feat of resistance would offer good protection for your creatures. 

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 02:53:20 am »
im not sure what card your talking abput when you say naya

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 02:55:39 am »
Naya is a color scheme meaning G/R/W. Your deck already has the green and the red but the deflecting palm is a stray White card. If you add more white mana to the deck then you can go from Atarka aggro to Naya aggro (because you'd be using three colors instead of two).

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 03:44:18 am »

atarka's command theres 4 of them lol

Then shouldn't it be titled atarka command aggro? atarka command isn't atarka
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 03:53:50 am »
True, that's like saying Mono Black Liliana without having her in the deck. It'd be best naming the deck Gruul Aggro (since Gruul is the name for the deck's R/G combo).

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 04:18:57 am »
ok well then talk to the hall of famers who named it ok and ok i get what you mean now.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 04:28:01 am »
what im really would want to do is make a burn sytle deck for standard but its quite hard now with the limited burns in it that have no extra cost like sacking a ceature or something similar to that i put the white card in for when i go up aganst the atarka combo deck and for anyone who gets confused looking at this the combo is become immense with temur battle rage witch can bust out a huge creature with trample and most likely direct damage i use that to counter that enormuse move and hit my opponet with it instead this can also work with any heavy hitter or heavy burn spell since i would have three and it cost only a white and a red mana to use.

deaddman9

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 04:30:30 am »
Regarding my comment about taking out the prowess -- I meant that as in taking out the monastery swiftspear in lieu of one of the two drop landfall creatures or something (since the deck seems to be more optimized toward landfall than it is toward prowess).

There's a 2-drop red creature with trample and landfall (+1, +1) that I see a lot of landfall decks on mtgtop8 using. This is just an idea though, since you have mina and denn, atarkas comm., swell of growth, and of course the sac lands which all allow you to get multiple landfall procs a turn.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 04:37:50 am »
well i figured swiftspear being a one drop and not a two drop i could more consistently get him out turn one then anything else pulse the fact she has haste with prowess and is a 1/2 is quite hard to choose something to replace its really important that i get a turn one creature in and onew with haste is even better cause thats turn one damage thts why i had swift spear in there honestly pulse i have alot of instants so they always combo well with here.