deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] atarka aggro  (Read 6841 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] atarka aggro
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 06:24:39 am »
So i'm guessing you're planning on not adding more white to the deck? if you do you can add encircling fissure and sheer drop and gideon's reproach if you're worried about taking damage.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 06:32:10 am »
im not opposing it it just havent seen anything that would be a great replacement. i really need a card that would act as a boros charm to standard but idk of any that can

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 06:34:12 am »
also a card that would act as a lighting helix to standard as well im not firmilar with all the standard white cards.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 06:47:50 am »
If you go on The Gatherer it will show you every single card and set that has come out. But besides that, if your deck focus is landfall then you need to expand on that. For example Slab Hammer lets you rebound lands back to your hand so that you can get more land drops for what you have. Dazzling reflection, immolating glare, make a stand, ondu greathorn would all be worth having.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 06:52:50 am »
i made some changes to the deck let me know what you think.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 11:17:59 am »
My only recommendations are as follows: add some plains either to your main board or maybe board, fiery impulse to your mainboard, and maybe temur battle rage. Besides that the deck is looking good and the side board looks colorful. Also you may want to consider some creature recursion just to be safe.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 05:24:51 pm »
I made some changes to the sideboard there tell me what you think

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 08:46:49 pm »
Nice choices, specific but they would serve you well considering the meta and the popular destruction colors.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 09:30:26 pm »
Yea I went through the list of standard white cards and read them to see what I wanted but I wanted to ask you about my mana base do you think it's good

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 09:35:07 pm »
     The mana is ok but since you added more white cards to your side board (and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse with a stick here), you are going to need more plains in your deck. Having only 1 white mana source with all the cards being included in this deck would turn good cards into bad draws if you have only one white producing land. You can still balance out the deck with three colors, just try to add maybe 2-4 plains and you should be ready to rock and roll.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 11:10:09 pm »
That's what I was thinking I'll try some test plays to see and try out different numbers of lands in the deck to see what works well. Thank you for your help I'll let you know how it turns out

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 12:14:28 am »
Sounds like  a plan pal, keep me posted.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 03:53:43 am »
hey made some changes after paly testing tell me what you think.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2016, 06:37:41 am »
     The deck is shaping up to be a real contender. Also here's a little trick you can try out: adding evolving wilds with all of your fetch lands combo with tunneling geopede will do some serious damage as far as creatures that can do burn. Maybe side board an impact tremors or two since your creatures have dash and this will be a good looking deck.

kylecaraway

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2016, 03:00:54 pm »
What about taking out zurgo and adding slide runner I feel like zurgo is just to easily blocked by those defenders they have in standard play right now. I feel like slide runner will run over a lot of creatures with his trample and after side board I can take out them defenders with searing light or ride down for my other creatures without trample as well.