deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What is everyones top 10 favorite cards  (Read 11412 times)

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
What is everyones top 10 favorite cards
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:55:34 pm »
I'm Really curious about magic players favorite cards. To me it can tell people a lot about what type of player you are.
here is my list:

10. Halimar Depths: This is my favorite land of all time. The ability to set the top 3 cards of your library turn 1 is amazing. It gives you the upper hand late game as well when you need to draw a win condition in a board stall.

9.Hardened Scales: There are so many +1+1 counter related mechanics. Evolve, Renown, Outlast, Support etc. The ability to get an extra +1+1 counter for 1 green mana is amazing. I also like it because it has won me quite a few tournament games.

8.Counterspell: I know this card is a love it or hate it card, but I usually run it in tournaments as a sideboard card. If a tournament has a lot of serious players I might play it all the time, but I also take it out from time to time. Occasionally, I will run a counter deck because I love to say no, and that is why I like this card so much. 2 mana to say no to whatever insanely overpowered spell a player is casting is one of the best feelings in the world.

7.Platinum Emperion: The second my friend played this card against me I instantly fell in love with it. It can be used with the golem boosting splicers of New Phyrexia, but best of all, YOUR LIFE TOTAL CAN'T CHANGE. If you can give it hexproof, you cannot lose through damage. It can be run in anything from affinity to mill.

6.Monastery Swiftspear: This card brings out the speed magic player in me. It is also great for combat tricks because of it's prowess ability. While many people might disagree with me, I think it is a better card for an aggro deck than goblin guide.

5.Phage, the Untouchable: Whenever I cast this card my friend says one word that sums up my favorite part of this card. Gametouch. The ability to instantly kill an opponent through 1 point of damage makes this card perfect for control. If Phage didn't have the part about only being able cast it from your hand unless you want to lose the game, it would be illegal. It is also because of that, the worst commander ever created ;).

4.Karn Liberated: Arguably the perfect card for tron decks. All 3 of its abilities are powerful and it starts at 6 loyalty, mind blown. Even crazier, it lets you restart the game with everything (except auras) he exiled.

3.Supreme Verdict: As board wipes go, this is my favorite. 4 mana for a boardwipe your opponent can't counter is pretty overpowered. It is an amazing card for control. I personally think that they are underrated in the magic world. Wild Nacatl is talked about all the time as an aggro staple and I think this should be the same thing but for control.

2.Palladium Myr: Palladium Myr has so many uses. Ramp, wastes, and best of all, the infinite mana combination. With this card along with 2 Myr Galvinizers on the battlefield, I have never lost. It is also useful for activating wastes abilities which are super powerful for their CMC. Just using it for ramp in casual decks is also fun, but I''ll usually find a way to throw in a few Myr Galvinizers just so that it is possible to get infinite mana.

1.Temporal Mastery: My favorite card of all time has to be Temporal Mastery. A modern legal way to take a 2 mana extra turn is flat out unbelievable. I am obsessed with extra turn decks, and this, in my opinion, is by far the best modern legal extra turn card. I would sell the bank to get a full play set of these cards. Luckily, I don't have to because they are under $10 each. In case you were just skimming, I repeat, UNDER $10 EACH! This is far and away my favorite magic card.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

ladof

• Decks
Re: What is everyones top 10 favorite cards
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 02:11:27 am »
1. Athreos, God of Passage - I had just restarted playing Magic at the end of the Theros block and BW was one of my first decks. This guy is a powerhouse that is a pain to remove. Plus, he's either really food at regaining your creatures, or he's burning you opponent for letting them go to the graveyard. Win-win to me.
2. Archive Trap - Mill time! Unless you're running a mono colored modern deck, you're probably running a fetch land or two (and even then, you might just for thinning purposes.) If you do, I get a free mill of a lot of your cards. Betcha wished you hadn't looked for that dual land, don't you?
3. Lightning Bolt - Solid, cheap removal or finisher. I hate burn/aggro decks, but this card is good in any red deck.
4. Sorin, Solemn Visitor - Vampires, lifelink and creature sacrifice, all in one card. Heaven is real, y'all.
5. Mind Funeral - I know, two mill spells. Sorry, it's entertaining to me. And Mind Funeral can be absolutely devastating to decks if their land isn't very spread out.
6. Ajani, Mentor of Heroes - This might be higher on the list, but I don't like running green often, so he's hard to work into decks.
7. Mana Leak - That card was not played, sorry. Try again next turn.
8. Harabaz Druid - I love my 5 color ally deck, and this is the staple to making it work.
9. Doom Blade - 2 mana, 1 dead creature. Quick and simple.
10. Stasis Snare - You just think you were attacking me with that creature. You were wrong, sir. You were wrong.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Jace27

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 02:22:31 am »
Cool!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 02:55:13 am »
Really in no particular order and I reserve the right to change it when I inevitably think of something I'm forgetting...

1. Isochron Scepter- Great in control for Counterspell. Great in graveyard shennigans for Entomb. Great in creature heavy aggro for Fog. Need I go on?

2. Counterspell- Two mana counter spell with no restrictions. What's not to like?

3. Eight and a Half Tails- So I can give my permanents protection from white...and I can make a spell or permanent white. Works well in control and even anti-control. Does require always having open mana though.

4. Fleshbag Marauder- A must have in almost any black deck, especially those with recursion.

5. Champion of Lambholt- Really feel like this is undervalued, it can grow to be a beater itself while it's protecting your other creatures when they attack. Any token deck with green in it's color identity should run this.

6. Necrotic Ooze- Love this because of all the possibilities it gives.

7. Detention Sphere- Against token decks it has won me games. Especially with a way to blink it.

8. Bloodbond March- I love my Karador Shadowborn Apostle deck and this is the most important card in it.

9. Calvary Pegasus- During Theros drafts & prereleases, this card was a powerhouse for me.

10. Dreadbore- Kill target creature or planeswalker for two? Yes please.
This space for rent.

Bane2k4

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 03:03:35 am »
I reserve the right to change this :P And I've only been playing Magic for around 4 months, so I'm not familiar with as many cards as most at the moment!

10. Skywise Teachings
 - Whilst I can acknowledge this isn't a particularly amazing, super competitive card, I still bloody love it. It was one of the first engines I discovered when I started MTG and instantly loved it as a concept.
9. Remand
 - "Actually, nah, let's wait a turn before you play that. Oh, and I'll draw another answer, too."
8. Deflecting Palm
 - Thematically and mechanically brilliant. I sideboard these in my Standard Jeskai Aggro, and there's little more satisfying than sitting back, watching, and waiting, as an Eldrazi player, or a 4C Rally player, or anyone who plays a big beastie in their deck build up and swing for what they think is lethal - only for them to kill themselves.
7. Supreme Verdict
 - I just love this card, mechanically and conceptually.
6. Vampire Nighthawk
 - Flying, Lifelink, Deathtouch, 2/3, for 3 mana? Hell yeah! Also, I run Vampire tribal, so I'm bias.
5. Vapor Snag
 - There are few things more irritating than playing a creature, only for your opponent to instantly go "Nah mate, put that back and take 1 damage". That's why I make sure I'm the one running it.
4. Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest
 - Loved this guy since the moment I first saw him; genuinely think he's criminally underrated. I can easily swing for 16 unblockable with him on Turn 4 in my Standard Jeskai Aggro, and I dread to think what he'd be capable of in Modern.
3. Emrakhul, the Aeons Torn
 - I generally don't really like Eldrazi; Ulamog and Kozilek are kinda cool, but Emrakhul - man, she's awesome! A slew of dirty, dirty effects, all on a 15/15 body is hilarious - and given I'm building a Reanimator deck that runs her and can drop her turn 3...words do not do her justice.
2. Narset Transcendent
 - My absolute favourite Planeswalker card (and one of my favourite Planeswalker characters); her +1 is a decent accelerator in an appropriate deck, her -2 is godly (current favourite in Standard: -2 Narset, then Treasure Cruise for 1 mana. That's 6 cards over 2 turns for 1 mana. ?!?!?!), and her emblem (which isn't impossible to get off, tbh) can literally win the game.
1. Griselbrand
 - The first Legendary Creature I fell in love with. I love the whole "7" design, and love the concept of paying life for card draw, I love that he's a badass demon and character, and I love him in Reanimator for what is my favourite OTK combo in MTG. Ironically, Reanimator is just a fun deck I'm building, and I don't currently run any lists with Griselbrand...I must rectify that now!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 03:16:18 am »
Vampire Nighthawk is a great card, it just missed making my list.
This space for rent.

RuthlessRut

• Decks

RuthlessRut

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 03:40:01 am »
Scratch out unsummon off my top ten and add GLIMPSE THE UNTHINKABLE lol

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 07:33:02 am »
since I've been a magic player for a while, this was a bit difficult....just saying that 20+ years of cards be a lot. on with da show...

10 - Counterspell - OG control; Magic was simpler back then and counterspell and power sink were my jams.
9 -  Lightning bolt - OG burn; 3 dam for 1 R? Yes, please!
8 - Wrath of God - board wipe back when everything could be destroyed
7 - Birds of Paradise - 0/1 flying for 1 G and it can produce any colored mana by tapping? I've built many decks around it.
6 - Priest of Titania - elf ramp/squirrel ram ftw!
5 - Living death - All creatures come back from the dead and all the living die.
4 - Mirko vosk - Solid mill creature
3 - Angel of Finality - flying creature that exiles graveyards
2 - Belbe's portal - instant creature of a given type from your hand
1 - Any of the Power Nine - Just saying....

GeekMagicWarp

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 06:36:41 pm »
- In Garruk's Wake - Blow up all your shit, but I'ma keep mine.
- Increasing Ambition - that flashback though
- Increasing Savagery - see above^^^
- Counterspell - by far the best counterspell ever printed
- Slip Through Space - this creature is unblockable and I'ma draw a card (for one blue mana)
- Vraska, The Unseen - I don't think she needs explanation
- Eternal Witness - Oh you just milled that card I needed?
- Void Winnower - Love limiting my opponent
- Tron Lands - Ultimate in mana ramp
- Vindicate - I don't care what that is but I'm destroying it for 3 mana

****These are not in any kind of order****

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »
sudden spoiling
boomerang
brave the elements
armageddon
choice of damnations
tragic slip
Lightning Greaves
Skinshifter
Isochron Scepter
Soulfire Grand Master

No particular order.... just some of my top 10 favorite cards:):):):):):)

on the opposite... I hate all elf cards...... burn them!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:32:43 pm by Bartley »

Jace27

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 09:24:31 pm »
Not much love for lands between Armageddon and very few top 10 lists having lands among them.

George B

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
1. Mother of Runes                                                                                 "one of the best one drops ever"
2. Champion of Lambholt                                                                        "a must for any token spam deck"
3. Invisible Stalker                                                                                   "great for cipher cards and almost unstoppable when out"
4. Ashling, the Extinguisher                                                                     "one of the best creatures to thin the field"
5. Vampire Nighthawk                                                                              "maybe the best three drop in history besides Champion of Lampholt"
6. Holy Mantle, Spirit Mantle, Shielded by Faith or Whispersilk Cloak       "anyone of these for some protection"
7. Fleecemane Lion                                                                                  "once it is Monstrosity one word Awesome"
8. Bloodsoaked Champion                                                                       "Big pain in the neck for your opponent"
9. Stolen Identity                                                                                      "It is just Awesome"
10. Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts                                                                     "high cost but worth it"

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 01:43:33 am »
No particular order
lol besides this one, always loved this card.
1 Blasphemous act , nothing says creature distruction especially if you get it out for 1
2 Karn liberated nothing says defensive especially for 10 loyalty used ability of course
3 Deflecting Palm nothing says redirect you beat stick damage back at ya
4 Knowledge Pool nothing says what's in exile to play
5 Primordial Hydra nothing says If I am not taking care of I will stomp your ass
6 Doom Blade nothing says a personal favorite of everyone cause we've all used it
at least once
7 Royal Assassin nothing says go ahead and attack and die instantly
8 Reassembling Skeleton nothing says all time favorite sac creature
9 Volition Reins nothing says I take anything but also saw this when I
first started playing
10 Path to exile nothing says 1 drop get rid of "THAT!!"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:49:50 am by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me