deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: random pulls  (Read 2290 times)

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
random pulls
« on: February 27, 2016, 10:10:09 pm »
Went to a FNM last night and got stomped, but no big deal.

We had a young kid last night playing and afterwards a couple of us were buying boosters. One guy told the kid, "I'll buy you a pack, but if it has an expedition, i get it."

Kids said yes, but no expedition land.

so I stepped in. and I said "I'll get these two packs and if i get an expedition, you can have the rest of the cards in the pack" - pack #1 and I pulled a windswept heath. I opened the other pack to make sure there wasn't another expedition (yeah I know highly unlikely and there wasn't). I was happy, the kid was happy.

Earlier somebody opened a origins pack knew it was a planeswalker (by the marker) and somebody called that he got a kythereon/gideon... and it was.

anybody else have this happen?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: random pulls
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:34:10 pm »
     Not any cards that valuable, but I did buy a booster box when battle for zendikar first came out. I was opening booster packs and I pulled a Kiora and an Ulamog from the same box. It was a pretty good day.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 05:15:46 pm »
M14, I pulled 13 mythics in one box to include each planeswalker in the set and a foil archangel of Thune (oddly enough in the same pack as a nonfoil archangel of Thune).

Have never came close to that again but it's hard to complain.
This space for rent.

GeekMagicWarp

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:21:45 pm »

Earlier somebody opened a origins pack knew it was a planeswalker (by the marker) and somebody called that he got a kythereon/gideon... and it was.

What "marker" lets you know there's a planeswalker in it?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 12:15:25 am »
Went to a FNM last night and got stomped, but no big deal.

We had a young kid last night playing and afterwards a couple of us were buying boosters. One guy told the kid, "I'll buy you a pack, but if it has an expedition, i get it."

Kids said yes, but no expedition land.

so I stepped in. and I said "I'll get these two packs and if i get an expedition, you can have the rest of the cards in the pack" - pack #1 and I pulled a windswept heath. I opened the other pack to make sure there wasn't another expedition (yeah I know highly unlikely and there wasn't). I was happy, the kid was happy.

anybody else have this happen?

That first guy is cheap. I'll buy you a lottery ticket but if you win big then it's mine. May as well taken the rare and
uncommons to while he was at it. Your way was definately much better. But back on topic,
This past FNM and playing 2 headed giant draft. My partner and I agree what pack you open is what you get
to keep. I open 1st pack and pull a foil thought-knot seer. The rest we get are junk rares except for his
oblivion sower. We got second place in the tourney, so we win 4 packs apiece. 1st pack I crack and
I pull another foil thought-knot seer. Again nothing after that
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 06:21:08 am »
in origins, if your land is replaced with a flip marker card, you got a flip planeswalker