deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mill (aggressive) - Comments  (Read 331 times)

Comment Bot

Mill (aggressive) - Comments
« on: March 02, 2016, 11:16:14 pm »
This is the comment topic for Mill (aggressive).

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Mill (aggressive).

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Bradley.B

• Decks
Re: Mill (aggressive) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 11:16:14 pm »
Jeskai Sage will be replaced with Palace Familiar when rotation happens.

AlasterTheWise

• Decks
Re: Zada's Tutelage (mill) - Comments
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 05:45:00 am »
This looks like a fun deck, but i am confused about day's undoing, it doesn't work with tutelage right? In your description how are 28 cards being milled. I'm new to MTG would this be a good deck to start off with

Bradley.B

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 03:27:45 pm »
I know it really does not seem like it works but I'll explain in bit by bit.
Firstly you will need two Sphinx's Tutelage out on the battlefield. The soonest you will be able to do this will be turn four. So what that means is that when you draw a card your opponent will have to put at least the top four cards of their library.
Once this is set up you then go ahead and cast the Day's Undoing this will rest their grave, yes this seems bad but they will also be drawing 7 cards and you will be doing the same. This will also trigger both of your Sphinx's Tutelage so they will have to put the top four cards of their library 7 times (one for each card you draw from Day's Undoing) that is a total of 28 card and that is excluding the 7 they had to draw from Day's Undoing and saying if two cards that are being milled don't share a colour and or its a land. The later in the game you use this combo the better because they would have played lands so it is less likely that lands will be milled.
Day's Undoing also helps if you need to fuel Zada, Hedron Grinder if you have none.
Remember it is resetting your grave as well so any draw cards that you have already used you have the possibility of using again.
I hope this helped you understand. If you still don't see it I say test the deck out and you will see for your self :)

AlasterTheWise

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 07:59:16 pm »
Oh, i see why i was confused, according to rulings on Day's Undoing their would be 7 stacks for Sphinx's Tutelage to trigger but this would be after Day's Undoing completely resolves which in this case would end your turn thus removing the stacks for Sphinx's Tutelage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/3gd4fp/question_about_days_undoing_and_sphinxs_tutelage/

Bradley.B

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 10:35:18 pm »
Oh damn, thanks for pointing this out to me. Good with I didn't go to FNM with this deck :') I guess I need to rethink the deck a bit !!

AlasterTheWise

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 12:08:48 am »
No prob, i still like the core of the deck with using zada, to trigger spells multiple times depending on your creatures in play. Maybe adding more creatures and Alhammarret's Archive would be beneficial. Either way look forward to seeing what you do with the deck :)