deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Pure Erayo Mentorship (combo)  (Read 1499 times)

blou

• Decks
[Modern] Pure Erayo Mentorship (combo)
« on: March 12, 2016, 02:26:25 am »
Pure Erayo Mentorship (combo)

4 angles of attacks: Mentors, grapeshot, erayo, Myth realized.  Use one as bait, win with the other one.  Mentors and Grapeshot are my usual way of winning.  Erayo is just there to attrack the hate... and it works.

Capable of Turn 2 kills through Grapeshot.  Often a turn 4 kill through Mentor.

I saw the original Puresteel Paladin decks, but never built anything until I thought of Erayo...  Oh is she good, the fear she brings to the opponents.  She makes the deck gel.  Now, all I want is find some place for Hurkyl's Recall, and maybe some suggestions on the manabase.

Note1: if i had 4 mox opals, they would all be in.
Note2: Muddle the mixture is rarely useful, but just in case.
Note3: Retract is awesome.  I would play 8.  Thus the Hurkyl's recall that should come in somewhere.
Note4: Serum Visions is an easy card to cut.  I never thought I would say that in a blue deck.
Note5: Island is a pain.  Just there to respect Blood Moon and Paths...

Bigfourbe69

• Decks
Re: White storm (Pure Erayo Mentorship combo) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 07:43:56 pm »
I think you need more land. even with tue mox...

blou

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Pure Erayo Mentorship (combo)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:01:53 am »
Hehe, yeah, it does look like it.  But I've been iterating on this shell for almost 18 months, and 13 lands is greedy but worked awesome for me so far.  (Although I really thought I had 14, but realized I'd been playing 13 for a few weeks, so I kept at it).

You'd been surprised how many mana flood I encounter when trying to go off.

But yeah, opening hands are tricky, and the deck doesn't mulligan well.  It's just that the ceiling is very very high...  Played well at GP Dallas this weekend.

I need to update the deck description to explain this.  Thanks for the feedback!!