deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Shadows Over Innistrad: Arlinn Kord  (Read 9064 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad: Arlinn Kord
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 11:11:26 am »
Makes sense, GR aggro for newbies. I can see that. When my daughter was first getting into Magic, the first deck I built for her was GR evolve/bloodrush.
This space for rent.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 12:50:25 pm »
I don't play much green either but, many other people do. Maybe MTG hides the green cards for some reason we don't know.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

SEmOR

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 12:16:54 am »
im not sure about any of the new pws they seem really good but innistad is good at making things that seem good, like drawing cards, hurt you

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 04:26:05 pm »
     The beautiful part of innistrad is that everything is dangerous if you use it properly. A simple geist can wreck house if its unblocked for too long or if it has a hidden ability. Also when I first started playing MTG the Return to Ravnica block was rolling out of standard so I actually ended up building a pretty good Rakdos deck. I almost won my first game which would have been pretty cool (obviously I didn't win). But it was the card art and the playstyle that drew me in. I think what attracts people most is how it looks and how their deck plays. Honestly, would you give a simic or an izzet deck to a beginner who doesn't even know what mana is yet?  Straightforward mechanics such as the Gruul clans (R/G), Rakdos cult (R/B), and maybe even the Selesnya Conclave with their token making (G/W) would all be fairly simple to learn starting off.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 04:49:53 pm »
On the topic of first decks, I started of with a Boros deck and lost my first 2 games; but it was a deck that was virtually impossible to screw up so I blame my friend for dumping me with 4 different types of 1/1's for 1 with no abilities. Later, someone (I have no idea who) lent me an Azorious control deck which I lost with because I played it like an aggro deck. First decks should be so simple that you can't screw them up, and on Innistrad that can be made possible because the Innistrad set creates possibilities for creature based tribal decks for new player. I'm not saying it doesn't have cards that can be used to make decks for more experienced plaayers, but that it is a great block to start playing with.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

ckmc2003

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:11 pm »
Yeah, my first deck was izzet but it played like a mono red aggro no way of messing the up ;D

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 10:32:50 pm »
My first deck was monogreen ramp into fatties. Probably why I try to shy away from green nowadays when I'm playing Standard at my first LGS, it's what they expect from me.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 06:21:58 am »
I've working on building about 100 decks or so, just cause I've got the inventory for it. Variety for me is like throwing a dart at a board and seeing where it lands. But despite how much I like to deck build I actually enjoy training others on how to play more. I don't go to FNM as often as I'd like to but every now and again I meet a novice who appreciates the advice. It's cool to help out others.

ep1cn00b

• Strive 2 be strange Refuse 2 be normal!
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:25 pm »
I've working on building about 100 decks or so, just cause I've got the inventory for it. Variety for me is like throwing a dart at a board and seeing where it lands. But despite how much I like to deck build I actually enjoy training others on how to play more. I don't go to FNM as often as I'd like to but every now and again I meet a novice who appreciates the advice. It's cool to help out others.

That would be this guy. *points to himself* haha

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 06:39:23 am »
    Well we're all here to help one another grow as players and have a good time man. Everyone starts as a noob sometimes. I remember the very first game I played my friends were playing a 3-way so I jumped in for one of my pals who needed a bathroom break. I started playing as if it were a game of yugioh (the laughs I got). But as I learned the rules and saw some of the cards that the game had that's when I made my mind up to start playing. The very first card that drew me in was the Rakdos Shred Freak (hence why my first deck was a Rakdos deck). The card art was crisp and clean and the set overall looked amazing. I've been playing ever since (which I believe was about 3 years ago). The things we learn in college.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 02:01:10 pm »

This is why I seem to always be building EDH decks. It's the format I play the most and I like to keep things fresh.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 04:41:08 pm »
   Fresh like a field of  Lorwyn fairies?  :)