deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Standard Zombie Deck Possibility? (VA)  (Read 1379 times)

VoicelessAce

• Decks
[Standard] Standard Zombie Deck Possibility? (VA)
« on: April 03, 2016, 12:00:14 am »
Standard Zombie Deck Possibility? (VA)

After the pre release I decided that I might build a Zombie deck. I added Kalitas as I like how he can get bigger while sacrificing zombies and he also makes more zombie tokens which is a little bit of what I want to do. Please leave your comments and advice. Greatly appreciated!

• Decks
Re: Standard Zombie Deck Possibility? (VA) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 12:14:16 am »
From Under the Floorboards would be a good fit.  You have a good core, but imo there are too many common zombies in this list. maybe add some planeswalkers? The mana curve is in the higher end, so you might want to consider more removal spells, Grasp of Darkness is one of my favorites. the increase in removal would activate Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet zombie spawning more consistently.
also Relentless Dead I feel would be a good fit. Diregraf Colossus might do you some work as well.

Good luck!

VoicelessAce

• Decks
Re: Standard Zombie Deck Possibility? (VA) - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 12:30:40 am »
Thanks so much! This list is also a bit of a budget list. I only have about 40% of the cards so I am trying to keep it low budget :s But yeah. I will put your recommendations into the maybe board and take a closer look. Thanks again.

Dreadcom

• Decks
Re: Standard Zombie Deck (VA) - Comments
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:15:00 pm »
no fleshbags no win ;)
and think about the executioner, you get stuff you throw in your graveyard but not enough to empty it out again - which leaves his gravecast... useless

saltythom

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Standard Zombie Deck Possibility? (VA)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »
Fleshbags!

saltythom

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »
Also Risen Executioner does not want zombies in your Graveyard and Diregraf does; Diregraf imo is better. Why the crows? Shamble back looks really good especially if you had deadwheight (more removal) and Lilian, Heretical Healer obviously should be in here. Hmm. Now I want to make a zombie deck.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:07 pm »
  Here are a few suggestions that I have for you:

1) creeping dread - If you are running a lot of commons this will be a good way to hurt your opponent so that they are forced to take damage and will most likely lose creatures in the process.

2) Liliana's indignation - good way to thin out your deck and deal damage to the enemy.

3) Sanitarium skeleton - combos well with the creeping dread and you'll ALWAYS have a creature to play on your turn.

4) rottenheart ghoul - has a good body and can help you with your own madness cards (such as from under the floorboards).

5) Macabre waltz - It can help you get some serious creature recursion in a pinch.

If you ever decide to add BLUE to your deck then you'll have a larger array of Zombie spells to choose from such as seagraf skaab, stitched mangler, drunau corpse trawler, and even compelling deterrence.  What are your thoughts on these choices?