deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 13 Life Win - Comments  (Read 2037 times)

Comment Bot

13 Life Win - Comments
« on: April 07, 2016, 02:50:11 am »
This is the comment topic for 13 Life Win.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für 13 Life Win.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

ushiikun

• Decks
Re: 13 Life Win - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:50:11 am »
Triskaidekaphobia is an interesting card, but it is dangerous, too.  I won one of my match-ups 2-0 at the pre-release, because I healed myself (I was at 13) and got my opponent down to 13.  His own card killed him.  I'd think about putting some instant speed heal in the deck, so you can make sure you don't get taken out by your own enchantment.

Girlhunter2102

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 07:26:17 am »
Dazzling reflection in the sideboard I think is the answer you're looking for...

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:33:06 am »
You could incorporate the accursed witch into the deck and do some heavy life link and drain with a W/B deck. Alms of the vein, wayward disciple, chaplain's blessing, silver strike and even shamble back depending on how you play black. There are many combinations depending on how you run the deck.

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:58:40 am »
For instant speed heal or lifeloss there are 4 Anguished Unmaking and 4 Merciless Resolve (which kills me a creature for drain life) in the deck. The Problem with Accursed Witch is (besides 4 Mana), that it triggers at the beginning of the opponents upkeep and I can´t control it from that point. Alms of the Vein, Chaplain's Blessing and Shamble Back unfortunately all have sorcery speed. But Dazzling Reflection is a good point. I will test it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:00:18 am by MKS-Chicken »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 01:57:01 pm »
  Well angelic purge is a white card that can destroy enchantments (So that solves the accursed witch problem). Also silver strike destroys attacking monsters and gives you health at INSTANT speed. Tenacity and grotesque mutation also gives your creatures life link at instant speed if you're interested on focusing on your creatures a bit. What colors is your deck primarily? Are you even running a W/B deck or is it going to be some other Black colored deck?

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 05:01:26 pm »
You are right about Accursed Witch. Thank you  ;) I replaced Pious Evangel, because he seems too clumpsy in this deck. Silver Strike costs 4 Mana. This is too expensive and I don't know what to hrow out of the deck for it. I don't want to make a white weenie deck so I don't think Tenacity or grotesque mutation will fit here. The deck should be B/W with a slightly focus on black.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 11:57:37 am »
  So you'd want to focus more on the spell damage until they get into that sweet "13 Range".

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 12:09:43 pm »
Exactly. It's a bit tricky, but it should be quite possible to force your opponent into that 13 range. Only 7 damage / lifeloss is very easy and should be done very fast (turn 4/5/6) in this deck. From that point it's more a control game. You can also decide to just bring him down to 0 life, but this should be much harder because at a certain point your opponent should stablilize himself. Also it's a lot of fun to play with fire and the risk of killing yourself is a bit of a kick in this deck :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 02:36:09 pm »
 That's why at my store's booster draft I ran TWO in my deck. Either I played them or it helped trigger my delirium.

seanzgt

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »
What about making a combo of Tainted Remedy and using Healing Hands on the opponent? :D

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 06:46:48 am »
 @seanzgt that would work. Either the enchantment kills them or your healing spells do it for you.

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 04:22:28 pm »
The Problem with tainted remedy is that nothing in this deck gives the opponent Life except our 13 Life winoption Enchantment :) i don't think this combo will fit here in this deck.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 07:15:59 pm »
 Well if you played a Mardu deck then you could just play life gain spells (that say "TARGET PLAYER"), a few gibbering fiend and then let the enchantment win the game for you.

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 09:33:13 am »
We don't have that much lifegain spells with "TARGET PLAYER". And splashing red only for Gibbering Fiend isn't a good idea. The Problem is delirium. This is not so hard to reach in this deck, but it's too inconsistently.