deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 13 Life Win - Comments  (Read 2023 times)

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
Re: 13 Life Win - Comments
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 09:39:26 am »
Edit: Removed 3 Accursed Witch --> Too slow. Too Mana intensive. Not so hard too flip but needs support.
Added: 2 Liliana, Heretical Healer --> Flips very easy in this deck and get us back all our creatures on the battlefield :)
Added: 1 more Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim --> You want her in turn 2 and if you draw another one you can discard her with Liliana, Heretical Healer, or sac one for drawing cards or wait till your opponent kill the first one and he will kill her ;)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 07:04:32 pm »
Ok so you know what changes needed to be made were. So is this definitely going into a deck or is it just an idea for you at the moment? Also besides black what are the definite colors that you'll want to add to this deck? I played with the spell and it didn't become relevant until I got them at 13 life. But the card is definitely a good scare tactic for anyone you play it against. W/B would be a good way to keep your health up and maintain control over the opponent and the flow of the game. B/R would be good to just burn them. The good thing about B/R is that even if you burn them down to 12 or lower by "accident" you'll still be in a good position to win.

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 11:22:24 am »
This is definitely going into this deck. I will play it this friday on the FNM. Also I will stay in B/W. Only in these colors you have the chance to control your own lifepoints and your opponents lifepoints to not accidentally kill yourself and to stabilize your opponent around 13. The card is the main thread in the deck and every opponent is forced to play around it. Should the opponent go below 10-11 life it becomes a 10 round clock. Your own lifeloss doesn't matter, because you drain your opponent enough. Damnable Pact functions often as a finish spell in the late game (Your opponent draws 6 cards and loses 6 life ^^). I also removed Angelic Purge, because it is too slow and 12 Sac Spells are too much. Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim and Merciless Resolve is enough. Therefore I added 4 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar who synergises perfect with the ally lifedrain plan and also provides fodder for Westvale Abbey. I want to win primary with Triskaidekaphobia, but you always need a Plan B or C or D :) I don't see the enchantment in a B/R deck, because B/R don't need such things. You don't want to control the opponents lifepoints in B/R, you just want them go to zero.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 02:42:37 pm »
  True but that's where for me the plan B,C and D comes in handy. I was once at an FNM tournament with my Rakdos deck and I played against two U/B mill decks (one focused on Jace and the other on artifacts). I lost to one because I was unable to attack with any of my creatures (the artifact build) due to an enchantment that they had. The Jace deck was straight mill spells. The artifact deck I lose to but I always got the guy down to at least 7 life before getting milled out both times. The Jace deck I beat because I burned him out and the last round I went all out aggro and then used burn spells such as morgue burst. Certain colors are DESIGNED to run in certain fashions but the reason why I won my game was because I took that color combo and made it do something that no one expected. Remember, you decide how the deck runs not the cards or anyone else. If you want an Aggro W/U deck then go for it, if you want a R/W Control deck then by all means try it if it'll work. That's the beauty of experimenting, you never know what you'll get until you try it.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 07:30:55 pm »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »
  @MKS-Chicken, congrats man, guess this means your deck doesn't need much more work to it  ;)

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »
Thank you very much ;)

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »
The 1 Evolving Wilds is for......what?

Mat Montgomery

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »
This is the version i built, if you are interested. http://deckstats.net/decks/48557/467087-tricky-nemesis/en

MKS-Chicken

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 04:13:28 pm »
@Mat Montgomery: I like the Ally Theme also with Ally Encampment. But I don't get Chaplain's Blessing. What is it good for except you gain 5 life?

@Yuto Kigai: The 1 Evolving Wilds is for Color fixing, because you need double B for Liliana, Heretical Healer and double W for Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Also it could help you shuffle your deck, if you only draw lands for example.

Mat Montgomery

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 05:01:45 pm »
@Mat Montgomery: I like the Ally Theme also with Ally Encampment. But I don't get Chaplain's Blessing. What is it good for except you gain 5 life?

@Yuto Kigai: The 1 Evolving Wilds is for Color fixing, because you need double B for Liliana, Heretical Healer and double W for Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Also it could help you shuffle your deck, if you only draw lands for example.

I run it due to the fact that i am not running only allies as my creatures. It is esentially to allow you to not block a few times to get the most benefit out of your allies. It also helps prevent dying from your own triskaidekaphobia. Also many opponents will get frustrated if turn three you are at 30 and have some 2 drop creatures out.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 05:11:06 pm »
  Well if you add retreat to emeria in this deck or even retreat to hagra you can pop out Kor tokens every time you hit a land drop and trigger your allies. Even when the token dies your opponent will lose health (losing health and "taking damage" are different so keep this in mind). Also the retreat to hagra gives you the extra life drain effect as well. You may not be that interested in running too many enchantments but if you add more evolving wilds (and maybe even warped landscape) then you can get multiple land drops per turn. What are your thoughts on this?

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 10:40:27 am »
@G.Moto Good alternative if you dont have gideon, means I have no Gideons ^^"

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 05:12:44 pm »
   Which means both these enchantments, (+) kalastria healer and zulaport cutthroat, (+) bloodbond vampire and serene steward, (+) drana's emissary and cliffhaven vampire = ALL the life drain! Also adding nirkana assassin and tandem tactics would be a nice combat trick.

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 07:23:22 am »
At the end, this is a fun deck. Maybe it could be easy to bring the opponent to 13 but its way more difficult to stay him there. Just need to tap a painland or playing the same cards as you (Allies with lifegain effects) or the best, he attacks you that you stand on 13 and now its your turn...