deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Minotaur Menagerie  (Read 1224 times)

bchidge

• Decks
Minotaur Menagerie
« on: February 19, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »
Minotaurs! RARGH! 

ahem...

http://deckstats.net/decks/12417/66737-minotaur-menagerie

Tips/suggestions/general feedback welcome

Cheers

bigdogdch

• Decks
Re: Minotaur Menagerie
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:11 pm »
Sleeper agent, bump in the night and misery charm are good for black direct damage to your opponent which will help you get Radkos out and then have the effect of him as well

bchidge

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:09:01 am »
Thanks for the tip, however this deck is for standard so those cards can't be used :(

In any case, i do have a fair chunk of burn from red as well to facilitate getting Rakdos out. Do you feel i should have more?

5p3c7re

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »
First things first. Land. 4x temple of malice, 4x blood crypt. bye bye guildgates... The Nykthos, shrine to nyx is of little use with only 1, consider 2-3 to increase probabilities or remove. Next, the whip of erebos is a great card... but it doesn't fit here. You have no flying creatures therefore I would really consider 2-3 skyblinder staff. Finally, lets look at your curve. IMHO there are to many low cost burns... if this is a minotaur deck, trust your minotaurs. Swap your burns for straight removal, max your doom blade and hero's downfall, and make sure your 3CC slot is less than your 2CC slot, but more than your 4CC slot. Seriously, a minotaur deck without Rageblood Shaman? Use Felhide Brawler to fill out your 2CC spot, his inability to block goes out the window with the next Mino you play, even if it is another copy of him. Consider also Minotaur Skullcleaver and Ragemonger.

Hope this helps.   8)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:20:02 pm by 5p3c7re »

5p3c7re

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »
one more thing, I can't believe I forgot Dreadbore... use instead of doom blade...

bchidge

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 12:19:07 am »
Thanks for the detailed reply 5p3c7re :)

I should probably mention that i made this deck out of the cards that i have already acquired which is why there's only one nykthos and whatnot. The Rageblood Shaman and Ragemonger would make a big difference to this deck and they'll definitely be going in once i acquire them. There are still plenty of cards i am unaware of as i'm quite new to magic and the shaman was one of them so thanks for pointing it out to me.

I see what you mean about the mana curve too. My reasoning was that i could use the burn spells as a carry over for the early game until the minotaurs can be established and also as a mechanic to get rakdos out (which i know i need at least one more of him to increase draw chance) which then makes any minotaurs cost virtually nothing. Interestingly enough, your suggestion of ragemongers could potentially make all my minotaurs cost 0 to cast when paired with Rakdos...

bchidge

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 01:43:36 am »
So, after some playing around with it to make a "future" deck once i get more cards i've come to this:

http://deckstats.net/decks/12417/68564-minotaursome

I am having trouble deciding what to throw out to get down to 60 cards, and i'm also having trouble parting with my burn spells :p

bchidge

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:44:02 am »
At the risk of self bumping...

I have acquired some more cards from a draft night and some trades and have updated the original deck i linked above. The deck is working rather well now though there is still some room for improvement.

I have become quite attached to the scry and draw cards in there, though i am going to test using more removal over some of the burn spells and see how that serves me. I get the feeling that it will make the deck a bit slower which was the main problem i had with the deck previously. It seems other agro decks can get the jump on me if i don't draw enough burn/removal early.