deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Atarka Zoo help  (Read 2697 times)

Talwren

• Decks
[Modern] Atarka Zoo help
« on: April 20, 2016, 06:24:20 pm »
[deck="Atarka Zoo"]
//Lands
2 Arid Mesa
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Forest
1 Plains
2 Sacred Foundry
3 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
2 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

//Spells
4 Atarka's Command
2 Boros Charm
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Path to Exile

//Creatures
4 Ghor-Clan Rampager
4 Kird Ape
4 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Loam Lion
2 Qasali Pridemage
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Wild Nacatl
[/deck]

Looking for suggestions to the above deck!

Cheers!

zretrareo27

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Atarka Zoo help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 06:26:48 pm »
Your link isn't working. Find the URL from your deck builder and paste it in here.

Talwren

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 05:16:43 am »
Sorry about that! It should be here http://deckstats.net/decks/31503/474433-atarka-zoo/en

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:34:08 am »
  A big recommendation that I have is to add retreat to kazandu. Reason being, if you add evolving wilds to the deck then you'll have a nice group of lands that sac themselves to pull another land from your deck. If you incorporate the enchantment then you can gain health or put +1/+1 counters on your low drops creatures early and build up your forces fast.

Talwren

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »
Retreat to Kazandu and Evolving Wilds are much too slow for the main deck. This is a hyper aggressive zoo deck, however Retreat should be a decent sideboard card against some of the more midrange decks that I can't quite finish off early.

Thanks for the suggestion!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »
  You're welcome. Only reason why I recommended the retreat, it's only three mana and it'll give you the health back that you spent playing your lands untapped. IT's basically playing a dual land that you can immediately use for no cost. But if you're not inclined to use it then you could definitely side board it against burn decks and such.

Talwren

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 07:49:01 pm »
I am almost 100% set on the mainboard as it is, but I really have no idea what to do about the sideboard. I could really use some help there.

SIDE NOTE:
In general, this deck, as a hyper-aggressive deck treats its life similar to how a burn deck treats its life in that it just another resource to be used. Ideally, I've won by turn 5 and my life is anywhere above 0.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 05:50:54 am »
  Well I'm not seeing any protection from flyers at all in the deck. Some cards such as aim high, burst of strength and even rabid bite would be good. Also some graveyard recursion (so you don't run out of creatures), and perhaps some hexproof spells (So your stronger attackers don't get targeted).

Konjiikhan

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »
path to exile/tormod's crypt/shattering spree/moten rain/choke/destructive revealry/ for side board use.
im not a big fan of knight. i use vexing devils and or some bushwhackers. the ooze is almost doable, it can interupt graveyard decks. have fun

Talwren

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 06:16:41 pm »
I don't want to put things in my sideboard without a specific plan for which match-ups to bring them in on and what to take out, could you elaborate with your suggestions? Some of them are pretty obvious like Destructive Revelry, but when do I bring in an additional 1-2 Path to Exile and what do I take out?

As far as Tormod's Crypt v. Scavenging Ooze, I prefer creatures over non-creatures for aggresiveness but would you say that Tormod's Crypt gives enough versatility to justify a non-creature slot?

I'm not a fan of Shattering Spree.

When would I bring in Molten Rain?

Choke is too slow/counter what my deck's plan. I can't think of a single match-up where I want to bring it in.

Knight of the Reliquary is a little slow, but I like the utility and synergy with Steppe Lynx. My deck has more of a landfall feel than a normal Zoo deck.

Vexing Devil is worth a look.

Reckless Bushwhacker would require me to change the deck to include Burning Tree Emissary which is too many slots for me to consider right now, although maybe if I dropped the Oozes...

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Konjiikhan

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 06:34:25 pm »
ooze or crypt...i only use crypt in sb so that lets me play a creature. i said ooze was ok but i use crypt. i use expieriment one over ooze.
shattering spree....affinity matchups.
more paths ....flyer heavy matchups.or simply a mirror of this deck so u can remove thiers.
molten rain...control decks/some burn decks matchups. mess with there mana ..
reckless or goblin bushwhacker...dont NEED Bte's but flow better with them.
choke....merfolk matchups. yes they are still played alot in meta's