deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Atarka Zoo - Comments  (Read 276 times)

Comment Bot

Atarka Zoo - Comments
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:21:45 am »
This is the comment topic for Atarka Zoo.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Atarka Zoo.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

kezhang

• Decks
Re: Atarka Zoo - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 12:21:46 am »
1. Cut Loam Lion, add in Goblin Guide. The reason for this is because you want to bring the heat as soon as possible and Goblin Guide helps with knowing what your opponent might be drawing next, and how you'll need to shut down or play around certain cards.

2. Steppe Lynx/ Atarka's Command can be really cute, but the issue with that is they bolt in response, Thoughtseize, Duress, Remand, Spell Snare out that command. Given the fact that Modern can be extremely aggressive/ controlling we want your deck to be as least cute and more aggressive then anything else. Sorry this might be going against everything you want this deck to do but, we want aggression at it's finest.

//Spells
3 Atarka's Command
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Path to Exile
3 Mutagenic Growth

//Creatures
4 Experiment One
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
2 Ghor-Clan Rampager
4 Goblin Bushwacker
4 Goblin Guide
4 Kird Ape
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Wild Nacatl

This wold be along the lines of something that would be aggressive and along the lines of being able to close out games a little faster and more reliable.

4. Personally I would love to see Steppe Lynx, Vengevine, be a deck again. It would be a tad bit more aggro/mid but thats okay, because of how many fetch effects and such you would have happening.

//Lands
2 Arid Mesa
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Forest
1 Plains
2 Sacred Foundry
3 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
2 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

//Spells
4 Atarka's Command
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Path to Exile

//Creatures
3 Ghor-Clan Rampager
4 Goblin Guide
4 Kird Ape
2 Knight of the Reliquary
2 Qasali Pridemage
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Scythe Leopard
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Wild Nacatl

I love Scythe Leopard in a landfall build. Knight might be a little too clunky, so I trimmed those down to 2 and cut the Boros Charms to add in an extra Path to Exile. Rampager is great, but you don't ever really want to be casting him unless you are blood-rushing often in which case then 4 would definitely be the better number.  Best of luck!

Talwren

• Decks
Re: Atarka Zoo - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 12:42:49 am »
I agree on Goblin Guide for Loam Lion, my initial concept was more budget than this deck is now so I'll update that.

As for bolting in response, I let the first landfall trigger resolve before doing anything else and would be able to play more creatures if they do in fact kill it.
Of course, there are a lot of ways to disrupt the combo, but the deck is also just an aggressive deck. If they counter or remove the Atarka's Command from my hand, then the deck still functions like a traditional small zoo deck.

Your first creature list is entirely too much away from my deck's identity. At its core, my deck needs the Steppe Lynx, Atarka's Command. The rest of the deck can look like any zoo deck currently out there.

Your second creature list goes a little too deep on cuteness. I am actually not a fan of Scythe Leopard, I don't think the return is good enough.
As for Ghor-Clan Rampager, my plan is to never cast him and just use the Bloodrush.

What do you think of the following?

//Creatures
4 Steppe lynx
4 Wild Nacatl
4 Kird Ape
4 Goblin Guide
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
2 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Ghor-Clan Rampager

//Spells
4 Atarka's Command
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Path to Exile

//Lands
2 Arid Mesa
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Forest
1 Plains
2 Sacred Foundry
3 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
2 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard
2 Scavenging ooze
2 Qasali Pridemage
2 Boros Charm
2 Destructive Revelry
2 Path to exile
5 ??

Obviously the sideboard is quite weak at this point and is what needs the most improvement.

I do have a question though, Goblin Bushwhacker V. Reckless Bushwhacker? Pros, cons?