deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Karma System Improvements  (Read 2891 times)

Nils

• Decks
Karma System Improvements
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:38:11 pm »
Over the last few days I have been working on improvements to our karma (upvote/downvote) system which are finally complete now! I hope that these will make the karma system a lot more transparent and easy to use.

Here is what has changed:
  • There are new upvote/downvote buttons in deck comments that work exactly the same as the upvote/downvote buttons in the forums
  • Instead of votes being counted per user, they are now counted per post/comment
  • The score of each post is shown on top next to its subject, the score of each comment is shown on the top right
  • You can vote as often as you like, but only once per post/comment
  • You can undo your vote by clicking on the vote button again, or revert it by clicking on the other vote button
  • Votes are sent through AJAX, so the page won't need to reload anymore when you click on a vote button
  • You will receive a notification when your post or comment receives new votes. These will not show the names of the voters, but they will show the number of upvotes and downvotes your post has received.

Please let me know how you like the new system!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:06:11 pm by Nils »

Nils

• Decks
Re: Karma System Improvements
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 06:07:14 pm »
Update: Starting now, you will receive notifications about upvotes and downvotes on your posts! These will be slightly delayed for technical reasons, but will be sent every hour.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Karma System Improvements
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:34:01 am »
    Thanks for the work you're doing man, we all greatly appreciate it.