deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Critique Please!! | Orzhov Tempo Sacrifice on Budget  (Read 483 times)

CollegeGirls

• Casual Play, Silly Decks
  • Decks
Orzhov Tempo Sacrifice on Budget

Hello! This is my first standard deck of the new rotation. I wanted to make a cheap deck that takes advantage of fun sacrifice mechanics. I'm looking forward to reading criticism and tailoring it to the current meta (of which I am not knowledgeable).

I've commented on the purpose of nearly every card in the deck so that the curious can get a better idea of my decision-making process.

Thank you!

OldBenKenobi

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Critique Please!! | Orzhov Tempo Sacrifice on Budget
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:04:53 pm »
You should look at maybe making this black red? There are a lot of devil token makers that deal damage when they die. Might be a more efficient combo.

IE Dance with Devils; Devils' Playground; Gibbering Fiend

CollegeGirls

• Casual Play, Silly Decks
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:48:48 pm »
Thank you! Looking into it though, it seems that those devil tokens are only created by the 4 and 6 cost cards. That just seems a bit too slow for me to justify replacing white with red. Although, it would make a killer value play with Languish in a U/R control deck!  :D

Just to be clear, my deck in its current iteration has combo potential, but combo is not its win condition. While it relies on board presence, there is never an otk.

OldBenKenobi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »
yeah, it would require a lot of black control, but like you said, popping languish and clearing the board and dealing a ton of damage may be fun.

only concern would be running up against collective company decks and werewolves that can out damage you. Having something like consequences for killing your creatures could make them hesitant to swing in. But if you are just aiming for causal FNM with no worries about winning, you'll get some grins for a creative idea!