deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My Little Boros [Modern][Midrange]  (Read 731 times)

Blitkun

• ~!
  • Decks
My Little Boros [Modern][Midrange]
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:01:54 pm »
Hi!

I'm Blitkun, and this deck is currently my main deck. I like it a lot - the way it plays, all the options I have either engaged in multiplayer action or straight 1v1...

However, change is good. And every once in a while I come to think of adding another game plan, or even switching the way things work with it... The Midrangey approach is very cute with its versatility, and provides me with time and options in which to think and plan a course of action that ultimately leads me to victory.

The main trope with this deck has been (for a long time) embracing the disruptive options both White and Red offer while trying hard to keep things fun (even for my Casual opponents) and fair. It's been a tough challenge, as most control tools often become oppressive quite easily, as you add reocurrence and/or redundance.

Thing is, though I'm somewhat satisfied with the deck's current performance (I even got to play a couple Modern FNMs last year, and did well), I get the constant feeling I can tweak it a bit into one or another direction, and that might just be VERY fun.

Therefore, I have come to ask the deckstats community to take a peek at my current list:

Deck: My Little Boros

//Lands
4 Arid Mesa
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Flagstones of Trokair
1 Rugged Prairie
1 Clifftop Retreat
4 Mountain
5 Plains

//Creatures
4 Figure of Destiny
3 Boros Reckoner
2 Hero of Bladehold
2 Baneslayer Angel

//Spells
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lightning Helix
3 Path to Exile
3 Volcanic Fallout
3 Boom // Bust

//Enchantments
2 Oblivion Ring
1 Assemble the Legion

//Planeswalkers
3 Ajani Vengeant
2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 Gideon Jura

Display deck statistics

There are quite a bit of synergies there - and I like them. Due to the lack of Card Advantage these colors present, I have tried my best to keep only high-impact cards on the deck, and promote a healthy amount of interactions between my creatures, the enemy board state and his/her life total. There are quite a bit of 2:1s in there - or even 1:2s that become 1:1s, such as the Boom // Bust case.

The deck's main problem is losing virtual card advantage in the early stages of the game. Discard cripples it very seriously (when I played FNMs, I had 4x Leyline of Sanctity vs Bx matchups postboard), and the right amount of countermagic can null a lot of efforts here. Nothing too shabby, though - I believe it's normal for a deck to have such weaknesses, and they are important to keep it "fair" - Reaching late game with one 4 or 5-drop is very comfortable. Drawing 1 card per turn is painful if they Path to Exile'd your major threat.

Today I feel like this deck is awesome - but it lacks something. I'm not aiming for perfection here - just a bit of added versatility/raw power might do the trick (or not). But I've ran out of ideas for now.

One thing I've been wanting to do is adding a transformation sideboard to this deck... Could it be possible, tweaking the list so a -15/+15 would make it effectively another deck? In the past I've tried a more aggressive shell (-13/+13), but it didn't work - i'd be very excited if it were as cool or efficient as it seemed at first.

Anyway, I'd be very happy if I could have a bit of feedback on this. This is the result of a couple of years in homebrewing, and naturally means a lot to me.

BONUS: The name of the deck comes from the sleeves I currently use. Yep, MLP's Fluttershy sleeves. Cute, yet deadly. heh.

BONUS2: Today I realized my deck had over 5,500 views .______. wonder how the hell it happened

Blitkun

• ~!
  • Decks
Re: My Little Boros [Modern][Midrange]
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »
Updated a lot of details on the deck page!

Sorin Macro

• Decks
Re: My Little Boros - Comments
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 05:37:37 pm »
m'hai rotto er Cazzo.,