deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Ashmouth: The Hottest Flames  (Read 290 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
[Standard] Ashmouth: The Hottest Flames
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:06:51 pm »
Ashmouth: The Hottest Flames

Grixis (B/U/R) that focuses on the new Shadow over Innistrad set. Did some updating so now it focuses more on burn and has some new kills spells. madness and delirium are present. I reshaped it a bit and the deck is still in progress. Any thoughts, tips or ideas would be appreciated guys (and gals).

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Ashmouth: The Hottest Flames
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:06:57 pm »
Looks good. It seems like you're going to be pretty vulnerable to decks with flying. Have you considered Magmatic Chasm for a sideboard card? It would prevent opponents from blocking so you could swing in for damage unimpeded and also serve to potentially lure flying creatures down and destroy them. Lightning Axe or Burn From Within in the sideboard so you can just fry them.

I would probably play at least one or two more Sin Prodder since it has menace and you have some cards that let you pull cards from the graveyard. Although if an opponent has you put a card in the graveyard as part of Sin Prodder's ability can you cast it at it's madness cost? The card text doesn't say "discard", just to put the card in the graveyard so I'm not entirely sure about madness.

Just a thought but if you used some buffs like Grotesque Mutation, Brute Strength, Trumpet Blast (I know those last two are not SOI) with cards like Sin Prodder or Hulking Devil then you can go really aggro on your opponents. Trumpet Blast would also be great with your little devil token army.

Westvale Abbey might be kind of a cool land since you are generating Devil tokens, you could always sacrifice them for Ormendahl, Profane Prince.  Although you probably intend to sacrifice them to Blazing Hellhound.

Just my two cents. It seems hard to give you advice when you're the one always helping others so I hope it was decent!
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:25 am »
   No it was good and I appreciate every bit of it. The magmatic chasm and the burn from within were added to the deck but I think I will be side boarding those. As for the burn that's why I have the fiery temper and the mad prophet so I can get some madness triggers that way as well. Currently I only have one sin prodder but If I pump him up then it might make him harder to kill. I'll probably add ghostly wings so I can get some madness enabling as well. But you're right the cards don't get discarded but it'll help with the burn damage that way a swell.

The grotesque mutation and pump spells such senseless rage, rush of adrenaline  and such cards I'll most definitely be adding. Hulking devil I may sideboard or add another. The more creatures you play (that are strong enough to survive) the more threats your opponent will have to deal with later.

I have two westvale abbey but I wouldn't play them in this deck. One I want to fill up my field, two similar to Indulgent aristocrat I want to use blazing hellhound as a combat trick when I swing with my devils and they get blocked, and three I watched a guy play a W/B using that card and the control was surreal. Esper dragons from tarkir were brutal on that. The main difference with mine however is that I use my tokens in combat and if they die you still take a hit.  Did you notice anything else?

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:40:23 pm »
Yay I'm glad I could help a little! That was all I could come up with without playing it. It looks like a really fun deck, let me know how you do with it!
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 05:51:19 pm »
 Thank you, I appreciate the support.