deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I Spy With My Standard Eyes...  (Read 358 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
I Spy With My Standard Eyes...
« on: June 11, 2016, 06:18:43 am »
  Hello everyone, this is your favorite planeswalking vamp G. Moto. Recently I've been looking at deck builds on the standard scene and I'm seeing some interesting ideas. Some are more unique than others while a few decks here and there appear to be tweaks to previous tournament winners. A question I care to present to my MTG community is this: What are some deck strategies, color pairings or styles that you haven't or want to see? The second half of Innistrad's story is coming out next month so dragon's of Tarkir will soon fade into history (or modern, which ever comes first). Ladies and Gents, what are your ideas? And if you want I may test them out the next time I go to an FNM, it could be fun.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: I Spy With My Standard Eyes...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:04:17 am »
I want to see more Blue/Green going on! Right now we have (U/R) Thopters making a comeback with Reality Smasher and Hedron Crawler. We have Atarka R/G with Ulamog and Kozilek's Return. We have (G/W) tokens, which is basically secure the wastes and Gideon/Nissa (Big deal atm). There is Bant Company - U/W/G control/aggro

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:18:06 am »
 I do have an idea for a deck. It's kinda disgusting....and pretty cool. IF you can handle it.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 07:27:54 am »
I do have an idea for a deck. It's kinda disgusting....and pretty cool. IF you can handle it.
I can do disgusting, depends on the degree of disgusting, but it's always doable. What is it?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:07:38 pm »
 A B/U/G creature based deck called "Stalking Giants". Basically I'm playing around the cards such as the gitrog monster, morkrut necropod, silburlind snapper, and such creatures. Most people wouldn't really use the cards that cost you lands but if used properly they can be super effective.

A R/B/G deck that has a horror focus. Scourge wolf, hound of the farbogs, wolf of devil's breach, pyre hound and such creatures. Big creatures that deal damage or small creatures that are hard to avoid in battle.

Both decks have potential but I'm curious as to which one I should build first.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »
Whichever one is going to beat the Bant Company deck running the Reflector Mage and Eldrazi Displacer.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 05:27:56 pm »
   That would most likely be the B/U/G deck then. IT has a few big creatures but it have a primarily spell base to it. Also if creatures become unplayable I can always discard and bring them back later. Also the eldrazi works at instant speed, so couldn't I use something like throttle or rabid bite in response to its flicker before it or another creature bounces out?