deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite Cards  (Read 1732 times)

NathanJ

• Decks
Favorite Cards
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:21:57 am »
So, something I've been wondering about amongst the community here, is just the question of favorite cards. I think we all have them. Occasionally building decks around them or throwing them into decks whenever we can. Not combos per sé or anything like that, but more the ones you like best or have used the most. Sometimes it's a card or cards that have an effect you just end up loving or maybe it's one of those ones that ends up growing on you because it pops up a lot in a deck you play and wins you games. Maybe it's nothing like that and you just really like the art or something. Either way, I thought I'd ask and see. What are some of your favorite cards? And if you care to share, why?

Three of my personal favorites are the Managorger Hydra, Dragonlord Dromoka and (of course) the Acid-spewer Dragon. The Hydra is a beast of a card that has been a workhorse for me whenever I've run them. Dromoka shuts down a lot of control strategies, which I really appreciate as control games can become a bit tedious. And the Acid-spewer has effectively been my card since the very first game of Magic I played. I won with it then and have won many games since with this card being central to that. Either beefing up other dragons at the right time, drawing removal, death-touching something obnoxious, or just beating down the other guy...among many other things.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: Favorite Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:43:19 am »
I'd say my 3 favorite cards that I've always tried to work into decks are,
Goblin Sharpshooter: By far my favorite Goblin. any one toughness creature is dead, and anytime you sacrifice one of your own creatures (pretty often with goblins) you get to ping your opponent. And in multiples they really go crazy. With a free sac outlet like Goblin Sledder, you can do 10-20 damage with a couple of these guys. Love working them in. Wish they were modern legal.

Mistbind Clique: Such a crazy card. Easily the biggest faerie and the one most responsible for wins. Plus, nothing is better than a denied Path to Exile because of a Mistbind trigger. Such a fun card to play with.

Worship: strange card, because it fits in controlly decks, but is best suited to aggro with lots of creatures. In something like Naya Zoo, your opponent never sees worship coming and typically struggles to play around it. Just a fun card that gives a deck more options than it has any business having in the first place.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 05:37:46 am »
Archive Trap: Fetchland turn one? Mill!

Olivia Voldaren: Great general for a vampire EDH.

Ajani, Mentor of Heroes: Lot of reasons. 100 hp might actually be the least of them.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 06:22:46 am »
Confusion in the Ranks is my all time favorite card. I have a multiplayer deck just built around it XD.

Warped Devotion is another. Have an entire deck built around it ^_^. Pretty sure, like, nobody is s it.

Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 11:35:02 am »
Confusion looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with. Even in multiplayer.

Also, to ladof, Ajani is a great card. My main deck is an Abzan and I've always wanted him in it. I got to borrow him once from a friend and use him in it, and it was wonderful.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 02:43:09 pm »
Temporal Mastery is just so fun to play. While it doesn't always work out perfectly, with some scry cards like Serum Visions, it is nearly a modern legal Time Walk.

I also love Karn Liberated, probably because he is the best card I have, or because he is just so good. The turn you play him he can easily be at 10 loyalty, and he can RESTART THE GAME.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 05:25:01 am »
Confusion looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with. Even in multiplayer.

This is the deck.. It was originally a single player deck that just messes with the game. One day I accidentally picked it in multiplayer. Rest is history.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 05:35:40 am »
Avaricious Dragon. It was the first truly double-edged(madness wasn't quite a thing yet) card I found that I wanted to build a deck around. Since then I've become a huge fan of Master of the Feasts, Abyssal Persecutor, Desecration Demon, Sire of Insanity.. Sin Prodder.. powerful cards that fuck with everyone, except YOU planned for it :)

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 11:17:50 am »
Avaricious Dragon. It was the first truly double-edged(madness wasn't quite a thing yet) card I found that I wanted to build a deck around. Since then I've become a huge fan of Master of the Feasts, Abyssal Persecutor, Desecration Demon, Sire of Insanity.. Sin Prodder.. powerful cards that fuck with everyone, except YOU planned for it :)

Ha! Yes! These are all wonderful and terrible things.

Undying

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 02:06:31 pm »
Progenitus :)

"The Soul of the World has returned."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:56:47 am by Undying »

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »
Sheoldred, Whispering One every time! She's just awesome and one of the first cards I ever got.

For some reason I just love Topplegeist. He may just be a ditter fella but the card artwork is my all time favorite and he's just a cute little booper.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

kurufal

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 11:34:02 am »
Anything that requires a lot of interaction is fun. I really enjoy Managorger Hydra, for instance. If I had to pick a favorite card, it would be Narset, Enlightened Master followed closely by Villainous Wealth. Both of those cards are incredibly fun to resolve and add so much excitement to the board.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 05:55:23 pm »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:57:26 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 07:00:40 pm »
My favorites are suture priest, boros reckoner, assemble the legion and grave pact. Suture priest and grave pact are just fun to hit everyone equally. Boros reckoner and assemble the legion create unstoppable blocks or attacks and can win games with certain combos. Of those four, I would have to say my favorite is assemble the legion because it just gets more powerful every turn.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 11:39:15 pm »
My favorite would be the 1st planeswalker I owned and pullled from a pack is Karn Liberated and it's the 1st print Karn.
My other favorite because I figured I was going to only buy 1 card ever at a shop that wasn't costing to much was Blightsteel Colossus and got him at $6.00. He is worth over $20.00 now. I haven't since then bought anything more than $1.00.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:43:08 pm by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me