deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: A New Moon  (Read 1091 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
A New Moon
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:46:46 pm »
  Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your favorite planeswalking vamp G. Moto. Info on the new Eldritch Moon set has been released. If you want to catch a sneak peak at what the set will hold you can follow the link to the main MTG page:
 http://magic.wizards.com/en

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Re: A New Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:58:15 pm »
I am so excited! I love the story that they've created with Shadows Over Innistrad, I can't wait to see where it ends up.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:03:32 pm »
Emrakul is indeed in this set. Not too impressed, to be honest, but I'm interested in the story.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 12:28:21 pm »
   It kinda seemed like an obvious direction, but in m opinion it was a good direction. It tied into the story well and it allowed us to bring around old and new planeswalkers into the mix. Also Liliana looks supercharged so we should be definitely getting some ZOMBIE support cards this block. Also since Liliana claims Innistrad as her domain, does that mean Sorin has abandoned his home? I'm curious as to the new power she has acquired that lets her boldly stand against an Eldrazi titan when she was prior fearful to even help jace find Sorin.

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 02:43:05 pm »
Where could one find a full MTG history? How much is it is in novel format, etc, and if so, is there a chronological list for the canon? I've read a couple of jace novels, neither of which seemed particularly well put together, and spent plenty of downtime reading through wiki articles, but I've been wondering this for a while :)

Yuwaki

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 03:19:19 pm »
Where could one find a full MTG history? How much is it is in novel format, etc, and if so, is there a chronological list for the canon? I've read a couple of jace novels, neither of which seemed particularly well put together, and spent plenty of downtime reading through wiki articles, but I've been wondering this for a while :)
There you go for SOI : http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/shadows-over-innistrad-story
Eldritch Moon 1 : http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/archmage-goldnight-2016-06-08
Eldritch Moon 2 : http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stone-and-blood-2016-06-15
Eldritch Moon 3 (Emrakul appears) : http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises-2016-06-20

I would suggest you to check http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive once a week for news and new Story's if you're interested.

E: The new Emrakul for those who haven't seen it already.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:25:01 pm by Mikuyume »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 05:35:25 pm »
  It's like the wing dragon of Ra from yugioh, just minus the wings and extra tentacles. Also this set is gonna look bonkers. Everyone hold on to your chairs cause this card is now standard legal.

skeri

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:38:24 pm »
  It's like the wing dragon of Ra from yugioh, just minus the wings and extra tentacles. Also this set is gonna look bonkers. Everyone hold on to your chairs cause this card is now standard legal.

OH. NOOOO. I HATE playing against eldrazi decks and now you can't even exile them?!

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 05:51:26 pm »
I have the feeling that official tournaments will have the sidebar rule for that card, but yes, exile was supposed to be the best way to remove eldrazi, now we can't even do that :(
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »
  @Skeri and @Ladof, not necessarily. You can play pick the brain and exile all copies of Ulamog the ceaseless hunger from their deck. Then play either invasive surgery or negate on the sorcery. Problem solved, U/B ZOMBIES just became competitive now.

skeri

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 06:30:57 pm »
Good point G. because I am so ready to get my U/B zombie deck ready for serious Standard play!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 06:43:27 pm »
  You and I both. If you want to check out the two zombie decks that I have made you can look at them under my decks on my profile. The decks should be called "Back to the Lab" and "Corpses in the Water". I'm not sure which style I want to settle on though so I might need your help on that one.

skeri

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 03:26:56 am »
  You and I both. If you want to check out the two zombie decks that I have made you can look at them under my decks on my profile. The decks should be called "Back to the Lab" and "Corpses in the Water". I'm not sure which style I want to settle on though so I might need your help on that one.

Oh! Always happy to help! I'll check them out when I have more time tomorrow!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 04:20:24 am »
 Thanks skeri, your input is always appreciated.