deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: villain of the week  (Read 626 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
villain of the week
« on: June 22, 2016, 08:08:13 am »
    Hey there Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your favorite planes walking vamp G. Moto. I've noticed that Wizards of the Coast is trying to do story wrap ups and are focusing on pushing more towards the game lore. As far as game play goes this could be pretty fun when it comes to future set speculations. As far as potential villains go who do you think would be good for future story arcs for upcoming sets? So far I have a few options that could turn into some good stories:

a) Ravnica- Return of the Nephilim. Remember, not all of them were killed off during the first set.

b) Theros- Waking Fear. Ashiok could find a way to manipulate the minds of the people giving us more nightmare creatures. That or it could planes-walk to a different world after having its wish for invisibility being granted by Phenax.

c) Alara- War of the factions. Once all the shards of Alara combined there could be a world war, giving Gideon a reason to return since Elspeth died.

d) Dominaria- The Raven Man's Flock. We could focus back on Liliana's home world and the kingdom of her father's that could fall into the hands of his enemies. There could be a land full of cultists and the block could use more druids and shamans.

These are just a couple crazy ideas that Wizards could run with in the future. My question to you people of the multiverse is this: What do you think could come next?

ladof

• Decks
Re: villain of the week
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 02:43:07 pm »
Nicol Bolas v Ugin Part 2. Ugin wants vengeance. Plus, Bolas is still out there doing Bolas type things, which isn't good.

Liliana still has one more demon to kill, too, doesn't she? So when she helps Jace and the Gatewatch kill Emrakul, she's going to ask for help killing her demon  (Kothroped? Something like that.)
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »
  @ladof, the bolas fight I can see happening once he does something crazy. For example, leading the phyrexians to Theros and trying to become a god like Xenagos or something along those lines.

Also with Liliana, she actually has 2 more demons to kill. Kothroped was the first slain and Griselbrand was the second.

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:23:04 am »
I like the Dominaria idea. I really want to build a shaman or cultist deck so it would be cool if there was some epic story to accompany it. Liliana also seems like she's going to be a serious powerhouse in the new stories so I hope she commits some badassery. Demon fights are great too, it would be neat to see some of that.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 01:00:03 am »
What if one of her demons went to alara and led an enemy faction against the angels? That would give a good reason for Gideon and liliana to have to work together. We know how liliana likes her corpses.

IEATKIDS

• H O N K
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 01:19:31 am »
Two words:

M E R I T   L A G E

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:57:13 am »
What if one of her demons went to alara and led an enemy faction against the angels? That would give a good reason for Gideon and liliana to have to work together. We know how liliana likes her corpses.

Demons vs angels where we are really rooting for the demons as the good guys would be awesome. Liliana and Gideon would be a tense alliance so that could be an interesting story line.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 06:10:51 am »
   Having to stop the angels from willingly purging the entire planet of alara vs. the demons who (though they want to conquer it) would still maintain some sort of dark balance on the planet. Also keep in mind the child of alara may have some say so once he/she gets older. That or progenitus may be a challenge as it tries to wipe everyone out in order to restore a somewhat stable environment for everyone.