deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Your thoughts on Mill?  (Read 2443 times)

Oragren

• Decks
Your thoughts on Mill?
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:22:02 am »
Hello,

Im a massive fan of alternate win conditions.

My fav is Milling.

I was wondering what people thought of it and there favourite cards or combos concering it.

My fav is duskmantle guildmage and mind crank i have won a few games with it in casual play with friends.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Regards
Oragren

ladof

• Decks
Re: Your thoughts on Mill?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 01:08:16 pm »
I like archive trap as a punish for fetch lands and mind funeral/ balustrade Spy as a land-oriented mill.

Hebron Crab and Oboro, Palace in the Clouds is also fun.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

pkern1993

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:54 pm »
Personally, I hate mill decks. They're almost impossible to plan against, especially if you're running an aggressive deck.
However, my friend runs a mill deck, and his is based around investigation and clue cracking, so he uses a Sphinx's Tutelage/Fleeting Memories combo. Absolutely devastating against a mono color deck.

Gmkoss

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:11:12 pm »
Memory erosion, glimpse the unthinkable and chronic flooding with a playset of hedron crabs and bounce lands will do the trick. Check my profile for my deck called "Milly vanilly"

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 05:21:21 pm »
Mind Funeral, Breaking, Jace, Memory Adept +0, Hedron Crab, Glimpse the Unthinkable, and Jace's Phantasm are the cards I hate to see the most come out of a mill deck.

Painter's Servant + Sphinx's Tutelage is a brutal combo but I have yet to actually play against it

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
There's a guy at my local shop that plays Mill every week for Modern. its the classic UB mill deck everyone's been describing with Glipse the Unthinkable, Archive trap, Hedron Crab and so forth. What I like is he runs a playset of Mesmeric Orb + Manic Scribe. Gets him an extra blocker and will usually mill 6-9 cards.

I also really like that he mainboards Cranial Extraction and Extirpate, because it can mill as many as 3 cards, and lets him get rid of whatever he's most scared of.

I'd be interested in making the deck myself if Glimpse the Unthinkable wasn't almost $50...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 12:10:55 am »
I think Mill is either you like it or you hate it. No gray area for Mill.
Depends as well are you the miller or the millee
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 12:27:07 am »
I also really like that he mainboards Cranial Extraction and Extirpate, because it can mill as many as 3 cards, and lets him get rid of whatever he's most scared of.

Oops... Meant Surgical Extraction, not Cranial Extraction... really similar effect though :P
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Oragren

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 02:05:29 am »
I think Mill is either you like it or you hate it. No gray area for Mill.
Depends as well are you the miller or the millee

i agree with robort its you love or you hate and personally i love using and versing.

i would also us glimpse the unthinkable but way to costly for 4 cards at the moment.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 06:14:20 am »
I hate UB mill. Not because it's bad, but because it seems every time you see a UB deck, it's mill. Like always XD.

The worse thing you can do in any mill deck that folds to a shuffle card. Which seems to be common. I have a playgroup of guys who play together and one of them ran UB mill. I just threw Kozilek, Butcher of Truth into my deck and, for the longest time he'd scoop because of it. Other cards I use to counter it are Wheel of Sun and Moon (favorite one). Have at least one other condition, because mill isn't that hard to counter is what I'm saying.

A good card to include is consuming aberration. That mill ability gets pretty harsh.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Tom Getsinger

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 11:55:03 pm »
My buddy plays the normal UB mill deck. I play grixis so I run a few copies of baby jace and k command. I just side in inverter of truth and it does the job. The only card that remotely gives me a problem is jace's phantasm, but that's only if I don't draw removal which is rare.

kurufal

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 12:08:10 pm »
http://deck.tk/3Hf94CoT

Here's my take on a Mill deck, I'm a standard junky so it's just that. The idea is to draw cards from The Gitrog Monster while you have Sphinx's Tutelage in play. I put in a bunch of Grounds keepers to keep The Gitrog Monster upkeep requirement in check. I have it set up a little different on my MTGO deck, but that's the gist of it. I have more ramp for the other threats to make it more viable.

http://deck.tk/1Zfq5D63

This is a little closer, but still slightly different.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 07:07:51 pm »
Mills are like burn decks. They either beat someone fast or they lose fast. They are not the most fun to play with or against but it is nice to see the different forms. Personally I view them as solitaire decks since they play against all decks the same way and after seeing them played once fall into a concrete pattern. I probably fall in the hate them crowd since they take the fun and reacting to different decks out of the game.