deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Jund reanimator - need help tuning this  (Read 231 times)

rosswalker60

• Decks
[Standard] Jund reanimator - need help tuning this
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:48:14 am »
Jund reanimator

self mill and get it back from the graveyard

My plan is to be grinding out my opponents with valuable creatures and reanimating/buying back spells from the graveyard.

How could I be doing this better?

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Jund reanimator - need help tuning this
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 05:51:20 pm »
At first glance I wasn't sure about this deck, but the more I look at it, the more I love it! You have a really sweet balance of early disruption and late game powerhouses. Goblin Dark-Dwellers is too good to not use, and this is an excellent use of him.

My only suggestions are small ones, because I think the deck seems pretty dialed in. Kolaghan's Command is still standard, and can be cast off Dark-Dwellers. Automatic 2-for-1 is a great deal, and thankfully the price is starting to drop on it. 1 or 2 of would be plenty, plus it gives a mainboard way to deal with Hangarback Walker and Hedron Archive.

Your two big dragons are great, but are susceptible to removal/counterspells. Maybe having a Gaea's Revenge in the sideboard for removal/counter heavy decks could get around this.

I hope you found this helpful! Good Luck and Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

rosswalker60

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »
Thanks! Kologhan's command has been on my radar for a while now. What would you replace for it?

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 05:53:52 pm »
You could probably cut to 24 land since you have ways of retrieving it from your graveyard and finding it with Traverse the Ulvenwald. You could probably also cut a copy of Traverse the Uvenwald as you have plenty of ways to dig for creatures.

And to Kolaghan's benefit, I had completely forgotten you can grab a creature from your graveyard, which is exactly what you're looking to do. Fits the theme even better than I originally thought :P

rosswalker60

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:13:37 pm »
Good call on lands. I don't think I'd want to cut lands and traverse though. i'll see what It's like. What do you think of Sin prodder in this list? I think it's a creature that can get me a lot of value over time  and putting cards in my graveyard is all upside for this deck.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:50:25 pm »
This is the kind of deck where Sin Prodder actually makes sense. He's at least worth testing. Maybe just 2 of, and in place of the two Tireless Tracker (so it doesn't affect curve). Definitely something to think about.