deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Looking for ideas on Draw engines in Standard  (Read 506 times)

dokepa

• Decks
Looking for ideas on Draw engines in Standard
« on: July 30, 2016, 01:48:21 pm »
Im looking for ideas and draw engines in standard , I am interested in black /blue ( control type ) or black/red  ( vampire ) or red/blue  green/white ( humans )but would love to hear any of the ones you are using in current block !

Nicalapegus

• Decks
Re: Looking for ideas on Draw engines in Standard
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »
I don't know if there are any actually engines in standard right now seeing play. I suppose you could do Sanitarium Skeleton + Vampiric Rites to net 1 card and 1 life for 6 mana. Bit slow, but it works. Tireless Tracker is the primary card draw card in Human bases strategy, and The Gitrog Monster is the major sources of card draw right now.

Black usually uses Read the Bones or Succumb to Temptation (only reason to use Succumb is for instant speed to hold up removal). Red has Tormenting Voice (which pairs well with all the Madness cards in Standard).

If you go Blue Black, there's potential for a Tempo Zombie Tribal deck based around self mill, graveyard recursion, and psuedo card advantage. Gisa and Geralf gives card advantage by letting you recast cards from your graveyard, and Relentless Dead gives card advantage by never fully dying and bringing back other zombies. None of these are really draw engines, but they give card advantage so that's why I'm including them.

In Blue/Red Spells, there are lots of draw options, but I've seen Bedlam Reveler come up as the most powerful draw spell. The idea of course being to have an empty hand when casting the Reveler so you can just draw 3 for free.

I hope you found this helpful. Good luck :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

dokepa

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 06:12:40 pm »
yes this was some of the things I was interested in , I just find myself always running out of cards in mid range long games. its like im top decking no matter what deck im playing , which the biggest reason im losing so much . I like the gitrogg monster ! splendid reclamation contigency plan ??  I did just get bedlam reveler and gisa and geralf in a few packs of cards . only other ideas i have thought about since this post was mirrorwing dragon + expedite .

Thank you for the ideas , sometimes i just get stuck and draw blanks and miss some of the other good cards out there !