deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: does transforming cause summoning sickness ???  (Read 3037 times)

dokepa

• Decks
does transforming cause summoning sickness ???
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:52:28 am »
I have look through the manual and asked several people and gotten several different answers on this topic .  I have seen a few cards on the transform side that state "haste" , so I wasn't sure if the cards that do not say "haste" have summoning sickness . I had some people say they do , and some people say they dont ! Sorry for the noob topic but I can not get a clear answer with concrete proof either way . Thanks in advance for your time !  ;D

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: does transforming cause summoning sickness ???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:16:02 am »
 I believe that the creature that transforms does not have summoning sickness as long as the transforming creature has been on the board for at least 1 full turn. Here's an explanation from another forum and I do believe that it falls in with most card rulings as far as TRANSFORM cards goes:  https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4cl913/silly_question_sorry_when_a_creatures_transforms/

TigerAge

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 11:40:47 am »
When a creature transforms, it has not summoning sickness due to the point, that the creature is under your control from beginning of your turn. The creature transforms on the battlefield. Another point is, when the card is send into exile and returns transformed. Then this card has summoning sickness unless another rule says something again summoning sickness (planeswalker, haste)

Greetings

EDIT: an interesting interaction with transform is the following: you cast your Village Messenger (the day-side has haste). After that you attack with your messenger and transform him in your attack step with a Moonmist. The Messenger transforms into a Moonrise Intruder (the night-side has menace). In this situation you have for 1GR an 2/2-attacker with menace (without summoning sickness).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:49:48 am by TigerAge »

dokepa

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:23:47 pm »
thank you for the feedback , you both answered ongoing questions for me and a group of friends !  ;)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 07:54:11 am »
  @dokepa, you are more than welcome. and @TigerAge, thanks for the assist.